“Unimpressive”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The staff was friendly, but the hotel was unimpressive at best. Rooms had a new coat of paint and bedding, but otherwise were dated. Giant desk chair led to TIGHT space and little walking room. Room was very moist and humid at all times. Inadequate lighting in room..makes one think they are hiding the dirt in the dark. Two nights and no additional towels were delivered. Pool is murky and DARK. Even my child didn't want to get it at first. Carb loaded breakfast options only. Location to downtown Gatlinburg was a plus as was the parking, however. I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms offer LOTS of road noise, so avoid those if possible. Ours overlooked the pool which...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank kmv7576

Reviewed 8 November 2012

This hotel was great and the staff was so friendly. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. If I stay in Gatlinburg again I will definetly stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites. Anything I needed the staff was more than willing to help. And I was also pleased with how clean the hotel was from our room to the lobby!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife and I traveled to Gatlinburg for a weekend getaway. The hotel was great and the staff was great. The rooms have been recently renovated and look very nice. This was our first time staying at Sleep Inn and it exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed the lazy river. We will definitely be back in the area when we are in Gatlinburg in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Great staff and rooms and wonderful breakfast!
We asked for a room with a view and they gave us a great view.
Anytime we asked for directions or info of where to eat it was write on.
Thanks to everyone there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gregg r
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel recently in celebration of our 30th anniversary. Christine upgraded us to a suite with fireplace, balcony, and jacuzzi to give us an extra great weekend for no extra charge. Many thanks for her good tips and chats---including her recommendation for one delicious pizza! The second night there was a problem with noisy children in a neighboring room. My husband called the front desk, and within minutes all was quiet. Good breakfast as well. Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed on second floor, poolside and I thought the room was nicely decorated, updated and clean!!! the carpets had no stains but my only complaint was the bathroom floor could have used alittle more attention
The management was very friendly and helpful, they had southern hospitality that you expect in Tennessee!! Had a great time!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Snoozzz
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stay at many Choice properties so I am pretty familiar with the brands and what they offer. Here are my pros and cons for this Sleep Inn.

Pros:
-Room was newly remodeled and was very attractive, modern and clean.
-Room had refrigerator and microwave
-Indoor pool complex had pool, very lazy river with a few tubes and a hot tub. All close at 10:00 p.m. The pool area is heated and has sliding doors that can be opened in warm weather.
-New restaurant has opened directly next door. This is a Mom and Pop restaurant with reasonable prices. Has some country dinner plates (like meatloaf), sandwiches, burgers, salads. I liked it.
-There was a very small convenience store 2 doors down that sells beer and the very basics.
-There is a trolley stop almost in front of the hotel.

Cons:
-The rooms come in 2 flavors: balcony/patio and pool view. The balconies/patios have a very near view of the main road (Parkway). The cars are coming by pretty fast and it can be very, very, very loud. You have to pay extra to get this extra road noise and bad view too. I complained about having to pay extra to the front desk but was blown off.
-The poolside rooms have a window overlooking the pool. The first 3 floors can see the pool. The upper floors can see the roof of the pool but not down to the pool below.
- So the short story is: don't stay here if you want a view.
- The breakfast offerings are pretty slim like most Sleep Inns.
- The pool area is not cleaned regularly. On Friday night I saw a kid fish out a bandaid and a big hair clump and lay it beside the pool on the concrete and there was a big orange piece of tape on the floor near my chair. On Saturday night it was all still there.
- On both nights I had to go get pool towels at the front desk and that was a little irritating.
-The hotel is not really within easy walking distance to anything (except the 1 restaurant and very small convenience store I mentioned earlier). You have to walk maybe 1/2 mile down a steep, fairly deserted section of street to get down to the edge of the main commercial area. So you have to walk back up the steep 1/2 mile to get back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony/patio rooms have a bunch of street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family