“Nice Hotel in Gatlinburg”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cincinnati
“Nice Hotel in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I read as many reviews as possible before booking any hotel. Since I am a single parent traveling with my 10 year old I am VERY picky about SAFETY, cleanliness, comfort, convenience...pretty much everything. I read enough good reviews about this hotel to take a chance and I am glad that I did take a chance. When we first turned down the street that the hotel is on, I saw a few questionable "motels" and at first it just didn't look like a good area. Then just around the curve I see the "Sleep Inn & Suites". The hotel had very nice curb appeal, a well taken care of building and parking lot, and just looked safe and comfortable overall. When my daughter and I went inside to check in, it smelled clean inside and the staff behind the desk was so friendly, we were greeted with a smile right away. They have a security system that monitors each hallway on each floor, the parking lot and the pool area. I was very happy to see that! Our room was a very nice size, VERY clean and quiet. The bed was top notch comfortable! My daughter had fun in the pool area and I enjoyed the perfect temperature in the hot tub! We stayed 2 nights and the hotel is close enough to walk back and forth to the shops and restaurants. The breakfast was good and they always had enough of everything each morning. It was also nice to come back after a day of fun and see how well housekeeping serviced our room! I always saw someone mopping something or cleaning something so they obviously go to great lengths to ensure that each guest has a good experience at this hotel. We had a great stay at this hotel, no problems at all! We will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OceanB1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Van was exceptionally nice and friendly! Go Van! The rooms was clean. I loved the location! I think the pool needs a little upgrading, but other than that, my family and I really enjoyed the stay. We will be returning in June and this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Staynot
Asheville
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We were worried about staying here because of the reviews. But it was nice, clean, and updated,
Now don't get me wrong this is not an upscale hotel but for the money it was nice. The room was nice and the breakfast OK. The pool is nice but very cold.

Room Tip: Ask for pool towels at the front desk.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bobasheville
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed here and it was a nice place to stay when taking family to Gatlinburg and Smoky Mountains. Loved the breakfast and the indoor pool and the rooms are very comfortable. We will definitely be back when we get a chance to visit the Smoky Mountains again.

A+ Staff and service

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Devlin L
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Looks OK from outside for a cheap place. Smelled like stale smoke & mustiness. Had to run water for 15min to get hot, then it changes temp while showering. Hair dryer would not work, another family in our group went thru 3 dryers. My husband was wakened by bugs crawling on him, turned on light & saw 1 on wall, some in bathroom. Immediately packed up & went elsewhere-would not give a refund because we had a group rate for 5 rooms & had "guaranteed" to take these rooms for 2 nights. Pool water was murky, mold growing on glass pool enclosure. Parking areas were not well lit, does not look like a good area to be out at night. I do see some great reviews for this place - but maybe its been awhile since they were there. I will definitely pay more for cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank s b
Catlettsburg
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Room was small. Had micro wave and refrigerator. Bed was ok. Man said it was queen bed no way it was full I thought. Room was to small for queen beds. Bathroom was clean. Shower was hot and great. Pool only stay open untill 10. Pool was little cool. Lazy river only had one tube. It had balony on road side noise from road didn't bothers us . Flat screen tv. Had coffee pot in room. It snow little on sat night Feb16 2013. Watch it snow was cool. I would go back for one or two night cause don't stay in room to much anyway. Price was good. Check price on cheap motel in middle of town they was way to high. Sleep inn was good for us.

Room Tip: Was in 714 was small had balony.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank browneyes4300
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I loved everything about the Sleep Inn from the checking in with the friendly staff to the end... The beds were so comfortable it was quite at night and I could have stayed in the shower all day it was so relaxing. It was close to all the main attractions all you had to do is park and walk it was wonderful!! Not to mention the pool and lazy river and the view from the balcony....Defiantly going back soon

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple