Sleep Inn & Suites
Parkview Inn(Gatlinburg)
Brookside Resort(Gatlinburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewslazy riverindoor poolhot tubroom was cleanboiled eggsdonutsmake your own wafflestrolley stopyogurtthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastthe main stripwithin walking distancewould stay here againup to dateclose to downtownmikey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

First the positives as far as we were concerned: A short block from the main drag which we walked the length of rather than drive because there isn't much inexpensive parking centrally located on Parkway; the hotel was very busy last week for our stay but out room was not noisy at night, a big plus; it was a standard room as far as size, was clean and had a window that opened, which was nice because it was warm but not hot enough to have the air on. The first 2 nights was a rewards stay and the 3rd was one I paid for. The transition was easy although I had to check out and check back in but it really wasn't a big deal.
My problem with the stay was the reservation itself. I made the reservation on line as always and it showed 2 room styles-poolside or balcony. Since my husband prefers to not use an elevator or stairs we chose the poolside because we wanted to use the spa and it would be more convenient than going through the lobby to get to it. Upon check in, she put us on the fourth floor. When I questioned that she said they didn't have poolside rooms at all in the hotel, just pool view! I told her again that it what it said on the website. She looked and asked me if I wanted a smoking room. I told her I didn't care if it was or not although my husband smokes he has no problem going outside to smoke if we are on the first floor!! She said then she wouldn't change us since it would be more convenient to my husband which I thought was a totally stupid thing for her to tell me. We did check and she is right there are NO poolside rooms but we didn't get a pool view either. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed but chose not to argue something that wasn't her fault although I can't imagine she hadn't had the same experience with other guests. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank momacuda
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Please accept our apology for all inconveniences you experienced at our property. We are sorry there was a problem with your reservation and room type. I have spoken with our front desk clerk concerning the check-in process on the day of arrival.
We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We are a family with three children that love to swim. Once again we were looking for an indoor pool. This hotel has a nice indoor pool with a lazy river and a hot tub. It would have been even better had a cheerleading team not taken it over by doing stunts in the pool which kept my children from being able to swim. Be sure to NOT use your room towels in the pool area or someone will come reprimand you. Yeah, you're not allowed to bring room towels to pool but doing cheer stunts in the pool and 20 plus children in the hot tub is completely acceptable. The room was just dirty. I don't expect a room to be spotless but this was dirty. A tile in the ceiling was missing in the bathroom which made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I called to ask for toilet paper and was told to come down and get my own. I was upset but my husband said when he went down the woman at the front desk apologized for the craziness. I have to say the cheer team that was there was some of the worst behaved children I've seen in a while. What's sad is all the mothers had the team name plastered on their shirts yet did not supervise their children. That's an awful way to represent an organization. Overall I would say the only us to this hotel is the pool. And a couple of friendly staff members. But again let me stress "No room towels in the pool area!"

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank 992melissab
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our property. We are sorry for all the inconveniences you experiecned while staying with us. So sorry that the pool area was conjested and noisy. It was a very busy time at the hotel. We apology that your children were not able to use the pool as much as they wanted. We have discussed the issue of pool towels with our staff and shared with them yur review. Sincere apologies for all inconveniences.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a great trip! The pool was great and well maintained. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. Staff pleasant. Free breakfast was good with plenty of variety. No complaints. If you plan to spend a lot of time downtown though, the hotel is a little walk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley R

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed the cleaniliness and comfort of our room. I have shared your kind words with our staff and pleased you found them to freindly and helpful. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We arrived in 3/1 and while the staff was friendly the hotel is showing age, Their were signs of some upgrades but hall carpet was dirty, room we had (King suite) had an odor. NO floats for the lazy river , pool area was slick and had such a strong odor of chlorine that it caused eyes to water, Cleaning staff kept asking were we checking out yet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travewithdkids
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for writing a review of your recent visit to our property. We are sorry you experienced problems during your stay. Please accept our apology for all inconveniences.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Was nice hotel. We stayed 2 nights wasn't a very far walk from ripleys aquarium... Off the main strip which was nice gettin in and out of the hotel... Nice staff.. would stay here again.. hotel was very helpful as well. Room was nice and clean and comfy beds.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Edfrmf
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. Please stay with us again on your next visit to Gatlinburg. I have shared your review with our staff.