“INDOOR POOL AND LAZYRIVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Ashland, Virginia
“INDOOR POOL AND LAZYRIVER”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My stay at sleepinn was very comfortable . I choose the hotel for indoor pool and was very satisified my grand kids had a blast very clean pool area .The room and comfortable and clean breakfast was nice. I would recomend this hotel and will return back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Our staff is always glad to hear that our guests had a good vacation experience at our hotel. Thank you for sharing comments on your recent stay. Our rooms have a lot to offer guests: Refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron/board, hair dryer, and flat screen TV, which make the room very comfortable to stay in. We are pleased you found our indoor pool area to be clean and lots of fun, especially for the grandchildren. Kids really enjoy floating around the lazy river.
Thank you for your kind words and for recommending our hotel to friends and family coming to the Gatlinburg area.
We look forward to seeing you and your grandchildren on the next visit to Sleep Inn & Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We loved the indoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast was good with make your own waffles. The stuff was very friendly and went out of the way to make sure we were comfortable. The housekeepers did a good job cleaning the rooms. We enjoyed the attractions in Gatlinburg and are l am looking forward to coming back with my friends in July 2015.

• Stayed July 2014
Our staff was delighted to hear your kind comments about your recent stay. Our staff wants every guest to have a great vacation experience at our property. Our rooms were updated last year for the comfort of our guests.
So glad to hear you enjoyed our heated indoor pool and hot tub. Its a good place to visit after a fun day going to the attractions and shopping.
We look forward to seeing you again in 2015. Thank you for sharing your guest experience with us.
Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After several days on the road I thought I would "treat" myself to this place. It was no treat. The rooms are decent as are the hallways. The exterior is in bad need of clean, the pool area was a disaster, no towels and when I asked at the front desk they said that the towels were "locked up" and no one knew where. The property in located in old section of town in a not very pretty area.

My balcony was directly over the street, came with a wet towel from the previous guess and the floor was a dirty sticky mess.

To top it all of the internet access was a terrible.

Would not return,

The worse part was I payed a premium for what I thought was a premium property, nothing could be further from the truth

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our property. Please accept our apology for all inconveniences you experienced. I have discussed all your issues with our housekeeping and maintenance department. We want each guest to have a wonderful vacation experience while staying with us.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Went to Gatlinburg at the last minute, made reservation the same day as check in and arrived at 2:30 am. Was happly surprised to find that the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful. Didn't get chance to use pool but never saw anyone in it all weekend. We were in smoking room (the only one left) which was heavily perfumed to disguise smelll but after air was turned on it was fine. The hallways however stunk like smoke, who still allows smoking in public buildings?? Check in and check out were fast and easy never asked for credit card to hold on file, payed priceline and that was it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words about our helpful staff and clean room. Our guest service clerk always try to ensure a quick check in and check out. Glad to hear service was good for you.
We are sorry we did not have a non smoking room for you. All smoking rooms are on one floor in our hotel separate from non smoking rooms.
Please come stay with us again.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for doing break. Called the hotel before we left to check the temp of the indoor pool. I was told it was warm, but it was freezing. The hot tub was cold as well. Room was dirty. Carpet dirty. Service was average. We came there for the indoor pool because we have a 5 year old daughter that loves to swim. We did not swim due to the cold air coming in from the outside. The water was freezing. Awful hotel. We will never stay there again

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Cupcakemama
We apologize if you were inconvenienced during your stay. We are sorry the pool and hot tub temperature was not warm enough for you. We are inspected each month and our pool, lazy river, and hot tub receive high scores. The report was given to our maintenance man who rechecked the settings of the pool water.

We hope you will reconsider staying with us again. Our guests are very important to us.
Ackley, Iowa
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Check in was easy and the room was clean. However, this hotel needs improvement in many other areas.

If you are at all familiar with the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge areas, you know that traffic and parking is a nightmare. The hotel doesn't help the situation much. There is a tiny parking lot above and a small one below behind the hotel. If you have a big vehicle, like a truck, dually or RV, then you will have an extremely hard time parking here. The small lot above you can only pull in and back out, there is no turn around or exit. The parking lot below is small and has tight corners. I would not attempt to park here without a compact car.

The hotel and grounds are in serious need of updates. The pool area was a joke. It is outdoors but enclosed kind of like a greenhouse and VERY hot like a sauna. It was dirty and dated. The pool was extremely small. The photos they have posted on their site look nothing like it or maybe how it looked 20 years ago when it was clean and nice.

Breakfast was another joke. There was hardly anything available. Cereal, juice, waffles, and some nasty sausage.

We will look for a better hotel to stay at next time through.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors have nice balcony views of the town.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank IggysTravellers
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are sorry you experienced problems and were inconvenienced. I have shared all your comments with our staff.
Shady Spring, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ok so I have to start this off by saying that looks can be deceiving. We decided last minute to take our first trip to Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge. My husband found and booked the hotel, he booked it because he thought our kids would really enjoy the pool/hot tub area. We looked at the pictures and I thought '' it don't look that bad, I will give it a try''. We got there and checked in and we got in the elevator and I noticed it was very dirty and dingy feeling. I didnt say anything then. We walked in our room. The first thing I do when I walk in the hotel room is pull the blanket and sheet all the way down to make sure the bed was clean and I seen a big stain on the sheets. At that time I walked into the bathroom to tell my husband to go see it and I seen a pubic hair in the sink. After pointing that out to him I had him follow me to the bed where I showed him the spot. I walked around the room to check the rest of it out and the chair was nasty and had white crumbs on and in it. The floor had not been vacuumed either. I got the family out of that room and I went down to the front desk and told the lady that was working there that it was dirty and she said they would give me another room. She told me the room number and gave us the key to that room. We went up and opened the door and it had holes in the blankets and sheets and it smelled horrible. So musky. I walked in the bathroom and all over the floor was hair. I lifted up the toilet seat and there was a big gob of hair. So back down stairs we went. She said well they must have just marked it clean without cleaning it. That was not the case with either room. They look clean to the naked eye but once you got down in there and looked you can see it was not cleaned properly. At this time I expressed our desire to leave if the next room wasn't clean. We walked in there and it was just as bad as the others. We went down and asked her if we could get out money back and she said sure. We were supposed to stay for 4 nights. I asked then if just one night was going to be taken out or if it would be full amount. She insured us both it would just be 1 night. Luckily we found a room at the Hampton on Parkway so we signed the papers and left. When we got to the Hampton which I have to tell you is the cleanest hotel I have ever seen or stayed in (and I worked in the hotel business), anyway after we got there my husband checked the bank account and the full 400 was taken out. So we called them the next morning like the front desk lady had told us to and the lady we needed to talk to wasn't in. So to make this a little shorter than it has to be. $400.00 dollars of our trip money was tied up with this and even though we tried to have the most fun possible it still put a damper on our first family vacation I have been able to get my husband who is an US Army vet. who suffers from PTSD to go on. If you are looking for cleanliness then don't even bother with this. I promise you the last thing you want is to have your money tied up in this and have it ruin your vacation. Oh and I almost forgot to tell you that the indoor pool they have was an outdoor pool that had windows put around it to make it indoor. No privacy at all!!!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel!!!
5 Thank Larissa Z
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay.
We apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way. Guests are important to us and are sorry you were dissatisfied with your room and our hotel. We discussed the problems you experienced with our housekeeping and maintenance staff.