“Clean,Friendly And Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
ohio
“Clean,Friendly And Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

I was a bit reluctant about booking this hotel,due to trip advisors negative remarks. I have stayed in 3 hotels in Gatlinburg,TN,Sleep Inn & Suites being one of them. I am very particular when it comes to cleanliness,and Sleep Inn & Suites actually passed the test. The hotel had all of the amenities that my family and I were looking for. The breakfast was good,and well stocked. The room microwave and fridge were nice sizes,and very clean. The hotel wasn't directly downtown, within a comfortable distance.The staf were very helpful, and friendly. I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

It was a breath of fresh air staying here. Other than being up a hill from downtown, it was great! The staff/owners make customer service #1 and went above and beyond to see each guest was treated as family. The rooms were fresh and clean and from the point you step off the elevator you smell the scent of cleanliness. Not a bit of dust anywhere. The breakfast was good, hot fresh waffles, bagels, toast, donuts, juice, cereal and coffee. The pool was slightly cool but once in, it was fine. The lazy river was warm as bathwater and oh so relaxing! A retractible roof makes this ideal when it rains. Parking is both indoor and outdoor and well lit. The trolley stops here for those not ambitious and for .50 you can get anywhere. We never wanted for anything and were surprised to have warm towles almost every time we were at the pool too!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Rockford, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

We had a horrible experience at the Super 8 up the road...left and found the Sleep Inn. Dorothy, the desk clerk, was down-home friendly, and very helpful. She let us look at a room before booking, and gave us a good price and even breakfast recommendations. The pool area was very nice, and we were very happy to have a clean room for 5 nights on family vacation. Thanks Sleep Inn!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Edinburgh, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

I had a very nice stay here. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. It is off the main strip so it was easy to get in and out of the parking lot. We had a two queen standard room that overlooked the pool area. The cleanliness of the room was very good and the pool area was really nice. We had 2 kids and they loved going from the pool, to the lazy river, to the hot tub. I only have one negative thing to say about this hotel. The standard rooms are a little small, there is not enough room to put a rollaway bed in there. We had 2 adults and 2 kids and it was very cramped. I don't know what the room size is like for the suites they have available. Also, If you are wanting to walk around Gatlinburg directly from your hotel, I would not recommend this hotel as it is a steep climb back up to the hotel.

• Liked — the pool area
  • Disliked — room was too small
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2008

We have stayed in this hotel many times but not for the past few years. It has really gone down hill. The front desk people were very rude, and extremely unkept. If you stay here do not book through the hotel directly, they will change the price 20 times before and when you arrive. Call the 800 number or book online for your best deal...but in my opinion your best deal would be to find another hotel! The bathroom floor was covered in hair. The carpet was filthy. We ran out of hot water after 3 showers. At 8:30am the free breakfast(what a joke!!!) was almost depleted and was not being restocked. The trash cans were full and there was no coffee. The pool looked dingy and dirty but we did not swim. Good luck if you stay here, we will never do it again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank amy71pooh
NW Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. The room was clean and the staff that we met were friendly. There was a small microwave and a larger than normal fridge in the room. I travelled with my two teenage daughters and requested a room near the pool. My first word of advice is (if kids and pools are your thing), don't just request "a room near the pool". That's what I did and we WERE on the first floor near the pool (I'd call it the "garden floor" as it was actually one level down from the street.) We had a view of the parking lot, another hotel's side wall and the janitor's service entrance. If we stay here again, I will definitely request a streetview room (they had balconies) . We ended up keeping our curtain closed because the janitors couldn't help but look in each time they passed by. The easiest way to get to our room was through the enclosed pool area (which was a very strange way to go back and forth).

The hotel is a bit of a walk from the parkway. It's downhill to the parkway which is great, but the walk back (after a day of walking around town) is a killer.

The pool was clean and warm (bring your own tubes and/or noodles, as they only had two tubes available and a few noodles). It's enclosed, but the sun still shines in through the glass panels.

Breakfast was ok (the eating area was very small, so get there early). Glazed donuts, a couple different kinds of dried cereal, apples, waffles (make your own), biscuits and gravy (the biscuits were cold both days), bread (and a toaster) and I think they had packets of oatmeal. Your drink choices were coffee, decaf, orange or apple juice, milk or water.

Over my many years of visiting Gatlinburg, I've learned that hotels are a hit or miss situation here, and, unfortunately, there are more misses than hits. We would definitely stay here again if something decent on the parkway wasn't available.

• Liked — The beds were very comfy
  • Disliked — The view from our lone window
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

Well, when my family and I arrived I was a little disappointed how far the hotel was to the attractions, and the resturants.(we discovered if you don't mind spending .50 per person to ride the local trolley system then you might be ok(not the trolley to dollywood&pigeon forge,tn). O.K. after we check in our room we looked over housekeeping and it was fine,but one of the control knobs was missing on air/heat unit, the remote to the t.v. didn't work, and Guess What we had to use our Cell Phone to called the front desk to report the problem because the ROOM PHONE Didn't WORK... Well, over all the hotel was just ok in my opinion, and the staff was nice,and the hotel does have a indoor pool, but my family decided to for go the experience.(pool). I can Honestly say I will not be visiting this hotel again, considering my family comes to this part of tn a couple times a year for the past 15 years, and really have had some great stays at different hotels,but this one doesn't top our list of great hotel stays.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family