“Fantastic Stay !!!!”

Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Louisa Ky
“Fantastic Stay !!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2007

My son and I stayed there for 3 nights. We had a wonderful time. The staff was very very nice. The breakfast was great. We had a room on the first floor next to the pool and lazy river my son thought was great. The beds were comfortable and clean.

• Liked — The pool area
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Room looked ok when we first arrived their was however a dirty towel and a coke can was on the balcony (non smoking room), I told the general manger he said he would personally take care of it and i was told they had not finished servicing the room this was after 2:00pm, we left went to pigeon forge came back few hours later door was still open to the room, dirty towel and a coke can had not been removed, had no towels or wash cloths, went back to the front desk night manager told me he would bring towels to room, he said he had 17 rooms that were without towels. I still had to go down to the front desk again and pick towels up myself, also the shower curtain had mold growing on the inside. The pool and lazy river was ok just small.
Teddy

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank tlwntn

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Clarksville, TN
Reviewed 10 April 2007

After our horrible episode at the hotel we had made reservations at we were driving around hoping to find a decent place with a affordable room when we stopped at the Sleep Inn. My husband went in and talked to the front desk and got a great room rate and the staff was wonderful! We were very impressed with the room and it was clean with a cute little balcony. Too bad it was so chilly or we would have taken advantage of sitting out there at night! The room was quiet and the only time we heard anyone is when people were walking the halls. The bed and pillows were WONDERFUL and I wish I could take them all home with me! The bathroom was very clean and well lit. We were very pleased with our 3 night stay and it was wonderful having a mini fridge and microwave for our leftovers. We loved that it was easy walking distance from the main strip and we didn't have to worry about paying for parking when we were out and about. We will stay here again! Oh! The breakfast spread was great, they had a waffle machine where you could cook your own waffles, toast, krispie creme donuts and a number of other things. My husband usually brought food up to me so I did not get to see everything they had to offer.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HeatherH22
Homer, Illnois
Reviewed 2 August 2006

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in July 06.
My husband was told by staff that the motel went under new ownership during the middle of our stay.
Our experience was a very pleasant one. I found our room to be comfortable and Very clean~~no "musty" smell ~~and I had a smokers room!!!!
Also hubby and I both were impressed with not being able to hear from the surrounding rooms~~no water running, people talking, walking or running~~~~Nothing!!!! Extremely peaceful. We found the room to be very well insulated from noise of any kind.
We did not swim in the pools but the water looked clean and tempting each day we was there~~~~from our observation lots of folks did take advantage of the pools!!!!
Also each morning the breakfast bar was packed with people~~we did not eat there because I prefer going to the Pancake Pantry~~but from what I saw of the breaksfast bar~~the food looked fresh and tastey!
Our room was cleaned by housekeeping each day we was there and they did an excellent job.
We were in walking distance of downtown ~~but to be honest~~~ the motel sets on top of a hill~~~going down was okay but the climb up~~~~Yikes!!!!! I did get a good "work out".
We found the price for a room with a hot tub, reclining chair and love seat ,comfortable King size bed with balcony to be very affordable compaired to the price of other motels I had priced for the same type of room.
My husband and I visit Gatlinburg often yet this was our first stay at the Sleep Inn and we plan on staying there again..

• Liked — Cleaniness
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank 44Jan
cambridge
Reviewed 11 July 2006

This is a poorly managed and run down example of a chain property. It just seemed old and run down as we entered, The room was not clean. The fan was not working . The Tub was dirty looking as if not scrubbed out. The room was as plain and old looking as can be. I can't believe sleep inn keeps this property. We did lodge a complaint with them about the value for our cost but they were not too helpfull. We paid $85,00. It may be worth $49. - but even that is too much. The continental breakfast was a joke-bugs in the juice and only donuts and biscuits with white gravy. Too many other hotels Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2006
8 Thank lynne&greg
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 May 2006

I was recently a guest at The Sleep Inn @ 335 East Parkway. It was our 10 year
anniversary. We checked in and everything was fine with the room until the
morning. At breakfast I had to go out to my car. I am handicapped and was parked
in the handicapped parking place. When I got out to my car I found that someone
was parked in the yellow striped spot immediately next to my car. It is not a
parking place, it is for the people who park in handicapped parking, so that
they will have ample room to open their doors. I was upset that someone had
parked there and I informed the front desk. They said that they let employees
park there. I told them I would rather not have someone park next to my car
because I have a hard time getting in and out. They gave no help. I went to my
room and called the General Manager. He said that he allowed his employees to
park there and that he even does it sometimes. I will not lie and say that I was
calm when speaking with him but he was offering no help and no solutions. I told
him that if he would not help me I would call the customer complaint line, I
told him thank you and hung up on him. They have a hundred percent satisfaction
guaranteed and I was not. He called immediately back before I could call the
complaint line and said that if I did not like the way things were that I should
leave. I told him we were to stay that night and he said that he wanted us out
by check out which was in 30 or 40 minutes. I was very upset, I checked out and
left. I wanted to make sure that someone knew that this is the kind of way that
the Manager is treating guests in your town. I hope this is not the way that
people coming to your town to enjoy themselves are normally treated.

• Stayed May 2006
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
kentucky
Reviewed 13 March 2006

This was one of the worst places i've ever booked.It was late at night with 2 kids and a very tired driver.The whole place just looked rundown and dirty.The hotel clerk was very rude and not professional looking.The room was small,dark,the beds were very small.The room had a very musky odor,it stunk!!there were small curly hair in the vanity, and the bathroom floor was dirty.!!we checked immediately out!had to drive a long way to find another room.have tried to get a deserved refund,but haven't had any justice-the manager said the hotel clerk nothing was wrong with the room-yeah right.the manager should be fired in my opinion!!!he's very rude himself and nedds some public relations training.I should have checked out trip advisor before i booked this room.It had awful reviews.I will from now on!!Believe me i't nothing like it says and looks like on the hotel website.the pool was closed but it even looked dirty.we checked in on march 3, 2006 and checked out a few minutes later.

14 Thank katiemommy