“Amazing!”

The Restaurant at Buckberry Creek
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closure due to Gatlinburg wildfires.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner tonight at Buckberry! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We arrived early and were served pre-dinner drinks by the fireplace. The atmosphere is perfect! We spent some time relaxing and soaking it all in. Scott was wonderful and attentive. The food was phenomenal! All in our party have dined at many fine dining restaurants and Buckberry definitely holds it's own! My husband had the scallops and then the tenderloin. Both were delicious! I had the oysters and then the red snapper - incredible! The wine selection was great as well. We look forward to another visit to Buckberry soon!

1 Thank Amandellen

SEYMOUR
“"Hidden Gem we want to stay Hidden "..”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Ok, ok.. I admit that I've stalled a little on my review of this fine eatery. Maybe it's because,in my deep subconscious, if I tell you the honest truth, this place will get even tougher to get a table. But, I now feel I owe the owners, and especially the staff at this fine restaurant their accolades.. 1st) location- the restaurant overlooks ski mountain, from the rear decks of The Lodge At Buckberry Creek. The views are breathtaking, so beg for the best "view" you can get. Now, the food.... Although, I'm a local of sorts, raised only 15 mins away, my wife and I had never dined here before. We have however, eaten at some very fine places in Vegas, Miami, and NYC. So, we've experienced some very "well to do" grub all over. Here, We had a very fresh salad, corn chowder soup, a very cool spicy pasta, and a tender fillet, with a nice sauce and fresh root veggies. And, crab claws in a butter sauce that are worth killing for. Dessert was rich and delish!.. Now, I won't say the food here will rival a Joel' Robuchon, or Daniel Boulud eatery, But it's not suppose to. What it does do, is give travelers a nice alternative. It's a nice touch of balance between some creative dining and some real southern hospitality. Where, a couple can enjoy a romantic dinner, with a "to die for" view, and not be stuck eating the usual touristy type chain food in the area. My hat is off to the owner, who greeted us and is genuine, and his well trained staff. This is a 1st class establishment... We could not recommend it more.. Bon appetite... P.S., almost forgot , the lodge is a really nice place to stay as well... We will return again!!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Beefseeker
Danville, California
“Enjoyed our dinner!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The food was very good, but a bit pricey. Our server Scott was terrific! Had it been a bit warmer, we would have enjoyed dinner on the deck by the fireplace overlooking the Smoky Mountains. We would definitely recommend that you give it a try!

Visited October 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Great meal, great view”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Although the weather was crisp, we managed to have dinner out on the veranda overlooking the mountains as the sun set. There was a heater nearby that kept us warm, plus an ample supply of fleece blankets. Service was great, and our meals very tasty and nicely presented - flounder dinner for me, shrimp and veal for my husband. We both had a salad, the Buckberry salad I believe - that was ok, but nothing great. I suggest they jazz it up a bit more, and perhaps have a seasonal flair, e.g. apple slices for the fall. Although dinner was pricey, the entrees were excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Everything!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The food, the atmosphere, the service, the staff, the view the fireplace...everything was just fabulous!

Visited October 2013