“Refreshing vacation stay!”

Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Our recent vacation stay was wonderful. The Staff was awesome, service phenomenal. We really enjoyed. Karaoke nite. Only complaint my husband had was not enough channel options ....but hey we were on vacation!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank YSCW
davidfishlock, General Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your “refreshing vacation stay.” It’s great to hear that your vacation was wonderful, the staff was awesome, and the service phenomenal. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Last year, I purchased a time share through Westgate....and it has been worth every penny!! Both times I have stayed at the facilities in Gatlinburg, we have been greeted by FANTASTIC concierges who were able to answer any questions I fired at them. I own a 1 bedroom, but last year, I invited the whole family and we stayed in a 3 bedroom and both were great! This past time, after climbing the mountain to get to our cabin, we realized there was absolutely NO gas in the car! I called the front desk and was referred to engineering. A young man came with a gas can and put plenty of gas for us to be able to make it into town and fill the tank. (And, btw, there was NO charge for this service.) They saved the day and were happy to help us out. The views are breathtaking, the staff is great, and the amenities are fabulous! The only complaint I might have is the time you have to wait to check in...other than that, I'm a happy camper!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinKells
davidfishlock, General Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you “ happy camper “ for taking the time to give us your feedback. Congratulations on your purchase last year. I know you’ll enjoy your visits to the property. It’s wonderful to hear how one of our employees helped you when you found that your vehicle was out of gas. I’m proud of the staff we have. We’ll see you next year.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I hosted a family reunion at this resort which is a difficult thing to do especially if you have never been to the location. However, it was a wonderful experience because of the staff. Someone from group sales handled my account which I started planning a year in advance. They kept in touch and helped with every step of the way. The accommodations were terrific. Also, if you are traveling by charter bus, let them know so they can make arrangements. We had over 100 people and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you reserve a 2 bedroom and you actually want 2 full units rather than a full unit and a studio...
1  Thank NancyW2

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Based on your description, I remember your group well. You all were fantastic! What a fun group. As you well know, we host many family reunions throughout the year. I am so happy to hear that you all will be returning to stay with us. Thank you for your business. We do look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I don't understand all the bad reviews. However several things I wasn't thrilled about was but wouldn't make me not come back 1. The queen bed in our studio was somewhat uncomfortable. And the pull out couch mattress was uncomfortable as well. It would have been nice to have two fulls because I went with my mother. Instead since I have back problems she stayed on the pull out couch and I slept on the bed. I think it could have been a little bit more comfortable. 2. The bathroom floor looked really dirty. It was kind of black looking in the grout lines. 3. I thought it was strange that there was no information about if there was a cleaning service to clean your rooms or not. 4. It would have been nice if the spa closed around 9 or 10pm at night because everyone at the resort is on vacation and people would like a massage after a long day of walking and tours. 5. The indoor water park was nice but it was extremely stuffy and kinda a strange smell. Didn't seem to be ventilated at all. 6. THE HOTEL waS EXTREMELY noisy at 11Pm. Little kids stomping around and parents not directing them to be quiet or go to bed. People would slam doors. If you are a heavy sleeper then that wouldnt' matter! Or buy some ear plugs then it would be fine! That's what we did the second night! I think it would be good if the convience store in the lobby sold ear plugs. The Cabin didn't really have a "NEW" feel inside but overall very nice and we did enjoy ourselves. All these things are pretty minor to me though in my opinion and it didn't ruin our trip at all.

The Room Felt pretty cosy. We thought the staff was extremely courteous, and helpful. They even went out of the their way to pull out the sofa bed for us since I have a bad back. The resort is beautiful looking! The location is absolultly amazing. It's right inbetween pigeon forge and gatelinburg! Literally 5-10 minutes in each direction. I love the fact that they have a dine in restaurant at the resort. The restaurant was really pretty good actually. I was pleasantly surprised. The really great thing about checking out was that they had an express check out and we avoided any lines and left very early in the morning to get home. The views were absolulty breathtaking from our cabin. From what this hotel has to offer my mother and I enjoyed ourselves very much and liked the fact that it was affordable and inbetween both cities. I"m sure on the strip is more expensive. I'm looking forward to taking my husband here next month! OVERALL really great experience, there was nothing "bad" about this hotel or "aweful" and I think it was a good experience. I would reccomend this to all my friends and family. Very pleased ! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. i would rate this a B +! And definitly will be coming back!

1  Thank audrey m

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your vacation with us. Thank you also for letting us know about the issues you identified in the unit that need to be looked into. I have forwarded your critique to the appropriate department heads so that they can follow-up on these issues. FYI, we had the Spa open longer when we first opened, however, based on demand, we determined that there was just not enough business to justify staying open until 9 or 10PM. Sorry! I’m very happy to hear that you liked our staff, the breathtaking views, and that you “definitely will be coming back.” Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Great facility and location. We had 2 owners in our family. Each got a 3 bedroom (3 one bedroom) units in the 3000 Building at the top of the hill. Though the drive up there was interesting, it was worth the view once you got to the top. For the faint of heart, you could park at the bottom of the hill and take the shuttle. The pool, waterpark and workout facilities are all very nice. If you have small children, you definitely want to go to the waterpark. The kitchens are nicely equipped and we have owned long enough to know to bring a few extra items when meeting other family owners. The gas grills were conveniently located and had picnic tables adjoining them near the 4000 building. We had big family meals almost every evening and the large living room / dining room / kitchen in the main units supplied enough space for everyone to gather. The separate units made it quiet and easy to put little ones down away from the noise of whichever board or card game was being played. We saw a raccoon at dusk one evening but never saw the bear which was rumored to be in the area. All units were clean and the minor maintenance issue experienced was resolved promptly. All the housekeeping, shuttle, maintenance and front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. We highly recommend this property for anyone.

Room Tip: If you don't mind heights, ask for the 3000 or 4000 bldg units. If you want to be close to the...
1  Thank d5w
davidfishlock, General Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us. I also thank you for the many positive remarks you made regarding our property and for the positive recommendation. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband and I went for our 9 year anniversary...we were supposes to have a master suite with a jacuzzi but ended up with a small jet tub in the bathroom. On first arrival we were excited until our key didn't work and after several attempts to log on to wifi I was shocked by the fee; that the front desk will not mention!!! Overall after a difficult start the trip turned out great and the minor problems were easily forgiven. Oh your phone won't work on most of the property.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tee F

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Congratulations on your 9th wedding anniversary. My apologies for the mix-up with the type of Jacuzzi tub you were to receive. I’m happy to hear that once you got settled in, you had a nice stay. Be aware that the AT&T cell phone service seems to have a weak signal in this area. Verizon seems to be fine. We thank you for your business.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I went to Westgate Resorts in Gatlinburg for the week of July 4th. We stayed at the cabins located on top of the mountains. The view was excellent, rooms were very clean and had everything we needed: fully equipped kitchen incl. plates, and cookware. Great water part on the property - the kids were entertained all day. The property is about 1/2 mile from the strip in Gatlinburg. Great value for the money. I was very happy with the beds, the mattresses felt very nice and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor. During our stay we heard the people above us walking and playing.
1  Thank Frank H

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the views were excellent, the rooms were clean, and that the kids enjoyed the water park. Thank you also for the many positive comments. We thank you for your business.