I recently spent a week at this resort. I am a timeshare owner with Westgate and exchanged one of my weeks in Florida to go to the mountains. I was amazed by the place. All the buildings, built like mountain cabins, were beautiful. Trees, mountains, streams of water, etc. helped to make the 3 days of heavy rain just a little thing. The resort is minutes away from Gatlinburg and Pidgeon Forge (to the right and left, respectively). There are tons of things to see in both places, esp. Gatlinburg. Pidgeon Forge is the paradise for shoppers - I almost didn't stop there!!
The water park is spectacular; great staff, great facilities, clean, fun... we all enjoyed it. My 10-year-old nephew had a blast! The only complain we have about it is that they close really early in winter - 5pm. Fri, Sat and Sun it's open till 7pm, which worked better for us.
The accomodations were very good even though we were 3 adults and a kid in a studio. I received a studio for my one bedroom in Florida. They explained to me that the question of the demand being higher in TN than in FL, so (they said) some people exchange up to 2 bedrooms for a studio there. I don't know... Anyway, the only complaint I have is the kitchen area which is way too small and doesn't have enough room for the table. We were also short of chairs. Other than that, everything was clean and new. The bathroom was big and comfortable.
The staff was great. We requested a blender when we came back from Gatlinburg at 1am one night and received it. We also requested to have someone turn on a grill on a rainy night and got it done right away. They went the extra mile to help us each time and we are very greatful.
I would recommend this place to everybody!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Prime Location in the Beautiful Great Smoky Mountains Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home, all within minutes of Great Smoky Mountains National Park - the most-visited national park in the United States - as well as Dollywood theme park and bustling downtown Gatlinburg. With easy access to a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities and a variety of onsite amenities, including an amazing indoor/outdoor water park, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Tennessee
- Westgate Tennessee
- Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort
- Gatlinburg Westgate