“Mothers day weekend with my children trip”

Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I plan a last minute gateaway trip with my children for Mothers day, The resort exceeded our expectation , the food was amazing and the prices were fair, the pool and spa is open late nights that was great.. the rooms were spacios , we had a one bedroom 2 double beds deluxe that sleep 6 very comfortable , the fire place was beautiful.. really enjoyed it.. my children said "mom this is a must come back place" and Yes definately it will be part of our family traditions.. highly recommended!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Annette P
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We’re so happy you had a great Mother’s Day stay with us. Our staff works hard to make all our guests feel right at home by providing everything they may need right on property. We’re so glad you enjoyed the spacious rooms and fireplace. It would be an honor to have you and your family visit us soon!

Lissy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,038)

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We were referred by a friend who owns a time share here. Two free nights for a 90 min tour. Our tour ended up being a little over 4 hours & we were so tired (& hungry). We had our 2 year old with us & she was becoming very irritable. So be prepared for more than 90 min. :/

Ok....it did take a few long minutes to check in, & someone had to bring us to our room...I would rather have just been given the key & be on our way...but I think they like to make sure nothing is wrong in the room while you both are there.
It is true what everyone is saying about the noise. I hope they've addressed that problem in the new units being built. We could hear the people above us walking around. Once my husband was outside at our van & could hear our toddler inside the room (no doors or windows were open). We could also hear EVERY single vehicle going up & down the mountain.

I wish the pools had a no smoking policy. Even though it's open air, people over from us were smoking & the smell was awful as at times, it would blow right in our face...& I'm
allergic. :/

We found the staff here to be SUPER NICE & FRIENDLY. We had no problem with anyone....even when we didn't buy in to their time share.

We were a little disappointed that we had to pay $ for daily tickets to the water park. :(. I would have much rather take my little one there than to the pool.

Our room was supposed to be a single studio, however they put us in a 1BR deluxe. It was very nice & clean. Everything worked fine. The only problem was the "jetted" tub. It was deep & narrow & on wet tile floors, getting out if that thing with no bars for someone with a bad back was tricky (even with the floor mat down). I'm glad they had us at ground level too...I couldn't have made it up several flights of steps.
Oh...also our salesman/tour guide accommodated my handicap.

They've had to use my ccard for several "holds" & "deposits". I wasn't too thrilled about that, but I understand policy. I'm praying I don't have a problem with the release as some of the other reviewers have.

Bottom line....I would recommend someone wanting a few free nights in a nice resort to come & take the tour. We would def & may stay here again. If you don't like high pressure sales, stay away. :)

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank gomtneers

Thank you for taking the moment to evaluate our resort. We’re so happy to hear our staff met your needs and provided you with a ground level unit. Allow us to apologize if you had issues during the tour and distractions with the noise. We certainly take our guest’s suggestions into consideration as we’re always looking to provide them with a fantastic stay. We look forward to hosting your next stay with us.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed two nights and 3 days and it was awesome we loved the water park and the gym and the heated pools and the kids really liked the arcade room I can't wait to go back loved it!! The staff was amazing!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Tracyclevenger

Thank you for your review. We’re beyond thrilled you made use of the waterpark, gym and heated pools. It is our pleasure to provide an ultimate vacation for all our guests. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely, Idalise

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We just got back from our short trip to the Smokey's and the Westgate Resort! We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was accommodating and pleasant and the grounds and buildings were well kept. Our only complaint was that the pool was far away from our building. We hope to go back again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyPDay

It is fantastic to know you enjoyed your stay. We love to hear when our staff accommodates our guests and provides them with an ultimate vacation. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Lissy

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was our third year in a row staying at this resort. We stayed May 14-18. I booked it online on their website. Check-in was a breeze! They asked if we wanted a concierge and whether or not we were interested in hearing about the timeshare, I told them no and they never bothered us again!! We have never sat through the timeshare spiel. We love this resort because the pools are always warm and the hot tubs are always HOT! The water park is a nice size for our 4 year old and our 18 month old. The location is nice because it's close to both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Everything was clean and they brought us new towels almost every day! We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Brandi L

Thank you so much for sharing your response. We’re so glad you enjoyed your overall stay. We have many things the entire family can enjoy. It is pleasing to hear you made use of the Water Park and the pool. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Best part of our trip to gatlinburg. Beutiful hotel and great location. Staff were great and helpful. It snowed very heavy in January when we were staying and staff brought us up and down the mountain whenever we asked. Only bad point was that the waterpark was closed for repairs the week we got there.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your response. We’re so happy to know you enjoyed our resort and location. It is great to know our staff was able to assist you. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Check in for us was on Friday at 4 on May 16th. The line was long but moved fast. The lady checking us in was great. On my reservations it said we had a 2 and 3 year old but they put us on the 3rd floor! I had to wait in the lobby so a guide could take us to our room (awesome). While I waited I bought tickets for the next day at the water park. It would have been nice to know that I should have picked up the coffee and laundry detergent then too. We had to make a separate trip for that. Also, it's just enough coffee for one serving! Our room was very spacious and beautiful. I wish it had been in working order too. Friday after our long ride and long day of activities, I decided a hot jetted tub would be perfect to relax. The kids were asleep and so was hubby. I got in and the phone started ringing at 1130 pm. The front desk said that maintenance would come in the morning. There was no suggestion of moving us since it would be fixed. Our tub was leaking in through the light fixture in the room below us! Maintenance said they would be there first thing the next morning. We waited and of course had to cancel our morning plans due to maintenance not coming first thing in the morning. The guy that came was really nice and told us it was fixed. We continued on to the water park. We had a great day at the park. We had dinner in town and came back to our room. Again thinking how nice a hot jetted tub would be after a long day, I jumped into the tub thinking it was fixed. Again the phone rang at midnight this time, saying our tub was leaking into the room below us. Maintenance didn't want to want until the morning and came to our room that night! However, they were unable to fix it until in the morning. Check out is at 10 am. They told us not to use the tub. As this is the only tub in the room, we didn't have showers or baths before our drive home. I spoke with the manager Craig that night and he said he would give us complimentary breakfast and work on getting us another stay at no charge due to all of the hassle. So, we go to check out and the complimentary breakfast is actually a $25 gift certificate. This didn't cover the price of 2 adults and 2 children. Most places let children their age eat free since they just nibble. We still had to pay more for breakfast. At check out I asked to speak to the manager. Chris had no idea what was going on, although Craig was supposed to get with him about it. He said that the $25 gift card and the refund of one nights stay seemed fair. I disagreed but he didn't waiver. He asked why we didn't ask for a room change. I told him the first night they told us they would fix it in the morning and the second night, we were checking out the next morning. He DID NOT CARE that me or my family couldn't shower or bathe. He needs lessons on customer service. Every where we went the first thing anyone asked was if we were owners. Everyone should be treated as owners and owners should be treated better. I have traveled to many countries and stayed at many resorts and hotels, I have never been treated this badly. We were even considering becoming owners because it's so beautiful and roomy. NO WAY AFTER THIS STAY!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Amber J
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that your stay was not as satisfactory as you expected. We do apologize if maintenance caused an inconvenience on your family while on vacation. Our maintenance staff tries to fix issues as soon as possible so they do not become larger issues. We thank you for letting us know about your treatment from the Front Desk staff during check-out. This is definitely not our standards we hold for our staff and we will let our executive staff know about this. We hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations and see how we’ve improved.

Brittany