Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
3,049 results
All reviewswater parkindoor waterparkmason jarsmokehouse grillshuttle servicebedroom deluxepigeon forgefull kitchensmoky mountainwasher and dryerlazy riverspring breakfamily vacationnational parktrolley stopconciergecabin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

An owner at this resort recommended this place and even gave us a discounted rate. One bedroom deluxe was plenty big for our family. Our young teen boys chose to sleep on the couches rather than the pull out. We loved our king bed and jacuzzi tub and the fact that we had two full baths. Resort was well maintained and staff friendly. Did not use pools. Location is perfect for no matter where you go or what you do. Did have noise above us like others shared, but fortunately our jumping toddler above went to bed before 10 pm! Sat through the timeshare presentation and did not experience offending high pressure sales. Did they make us many offers...yes. Stand your ground and just say no and they give up at exactly 3 hours! I would return again to Westgate.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to review Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious unit and its amenities like the jucuzzi tub. It’s good to hear you found our resort to be well maintained and with friendly staff. We are conveniently located close to all the area attractions and we also offer a trolley service to different locations in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We’re honored you chose us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Check In and housekeeping unperformed. Front desk gave me a room on the 3rd floor with no elevator and I am handicapped. Housekeeping did not come to clean the room until after at least 5 requests and 2 days passed. Have stayed here years ago and was great...current employees at the facility are the current problem.

2  Thank John P

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologizes for any issues you encountered while visiting with us. Our housekeeping team is there to ensure that each room is spotless and ready for our guest’s arrival. Customer satisfaction is our main concern. If you are requesting assistance with your unit, then please do not hesitate to let the front desk know. We want our guests’ to be comfortable and enjoy their vacation. We hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Nicole

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I own a 2 bedroom furnished condo at this location. We absolutely love it here, as well as our sons. Staff is super friendly, check in was fast, there's so much to do around the resort. Downtown Gatlingburg and Pigeon Forge are minutes away each side of the property. Our boys love the Wild Bear indoor water park. Rooms are very clean and beds are very comfortable. My only complaint, which I've addressed to Westgate is to have decent coffee and kitchen appliances that work ( our coffee maker didn't work). Salt and pepper shakers would be nice too.

Room Tip: Try to get away from the check-in area because it gets pretty loud.
1  Thank WyldOrchid

Thank you for your review. We’re honored to have you visiting us as Owners at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa. We’re thrilled to hear that our staff is friendly and that your check-in was speedy. We love hearing that you absolutely love staying with us and enjoy our convenient location that is close to the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area attractions. We appreciate your comments on the kitchen appliances and we will be giving this info to our resort management team. We value all of our guests’ comments; as this helps us improve. We’re so glad to have you as Owners! We’ll see you soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was the first visit for my family (2 adults 3 kids under 12) to stay at a Westgate Property. That being said, We did visit Gatlinburg last year and attended a timeshare presentation. We did buy a timeshare unit and this was our first time using it, and really our first experience with Westgate other than the timeshare presentation. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. We arrived at 5pm after 8 hours of driving. Check in was easy and relatively quick, as there was a line waiting, but there were 5 clerks and a manager working the front desk. We waited about 15 minutes for our personal concierge, Adam to escort us to our unit. We were located midway between the top & bottom of the hill in building 347. We were on the top floor, but up only one flight of stairs. The unit was exceptionally clean and stocked with dish soap, paper towels, etc. The view was awesome from the balcony. I never had any problems with noise from other guests, though I did hear someones dog barking when I was on the balcony. The units on the same floor were occupied when we arrived, but we never heard anything from them at all. The area we were in was quiet without alot of traffic. We used the shuttle several times going to the water park and other places, and we never waited more than 5-10 minutes. I guess we just had great timing! The only issue we had was that there was a wasp in the unit whrn we got there. I am severely allergic to bees/wasps/hornets and didnt bring my epi pen (my fault) When I brought this to Adams attention, he took care of it right away, going as far as going on the balcony and checking it for wasp nests and spraying. Adam as our concierge, was very attentive, from bringing us extra towels and generally being on hand if he needed anything. We had a minor vehicle issue while there, and he even came up to our unit on his off time, and helped my husband fix the problem!! That was definately going above and beyond! All of the employees that we encountered were very nice as well, and they were always waving and saying good morning, afternoon etc. I never encountered an unfriendly face. The waterpark is a great amenity at this resort. We didnt use any of the outdoor pools, but the waterpark was just right for our kids. Older kids would probably want a little more excitement though. The location, being between Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge is very convenient. Just a few minutes and you are in either town and the bypass is close by as well, for going into the park. The owners BBQ lunch was good, but I will say they need to plan it out a little better. We got there early and had no problems with lines but as we were leaving the main lobby, the line for the lunch was down the stairs and almost out the door! That needs to be seen to. Didnt use the mason jar bar either. Did hit the ice cream place once. it was cute. Ice cream is ice cream. Nothing special there. Used the Serenity Spa. I have to say, Candy at the spa gives an amazing hot stone massage!!! Will definately be seeing her again in the future!! I will say that being owners at this resort, the wi-fi (that was very slow in our unit due to the equipment in our building being down, we got a signal from a neighboring building)is free for owners, as is the waterpark. As we are new to timeshre ownership at this resort, we didnt tell any of the staff that we are owners. Apparently if you tell them in the restaurant and store areas etc, there is a discount. Didnt know that,so didnt say anything. Regardless, we still received great service. Overall, I have to say that after this first trip to Westgate, we are very satisfied with our purchase (2 BR unit ie a deluxe 1 br & a standard 1 br lockoff) and this resort.

Room Tip: rooms midway up are quieter. no building across the street from you. Also you can watch the Dollywood fireworks at 930 every night from the parking lot at the top of the resort!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you such a fanatic review! First off, welcome to the Westgate family; we’re happy to hear this was your first time visiting with us. It’s great to know you had such an enjoyable time. We love hearing when our staff goes above and beyond to make our owners and guests’ stay more pleasant. We’re thrilled to know you enjoyed many of the activities and amenities we offer on site, We’re honored to have you as Owners and we can’t wait to see you again.

Nicole

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great resort. Amazing views, right off the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, just a few minutes drive in either direction to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Friendly staff, and you can find decent prices (but you have to sit through a time share presentation).

The water park is a must see. It's in the grounds, affordable, clean, and there is a snack bar, although it is expensive.

I gave five stars because I felt the problems with the noise from other guests wasn't totally Westgate's fault. However, if you stay in the hotel section, the other guests can be noisy, just like anywhere else. I would have given 4 1/2, but that's not an option.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience. We’re glad to know you think of us as a great resort with amazing views. We are located close to all the area attractions; we also offer a trolley service to areas in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. It’s great to hear you and your family enjoyed all the amenities and activities we offer on-site. We do apologize if your neighbors were noisy; however we do have security on duty 24/7 that would be more than happy to assist you with a noise complaint. We want all of our guests’ to have a relaxing and peaceful vacation. We hope we see you the next time you’re in Gatlinburg.