Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
US$126
US$121
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$71
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$134
Hotels.com
US$50
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
Agoda.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$75
Agoda.com
Bent Creek Golf Village(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$123
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$309
HolidayInn.com
US$112
TripAdvisor
3,050 results
All reviewswater parkindoor waterparkmason jarsmokehouse grillshuttle servicebedroom deluxepigeon forgefull kitchensmoky mountainwasher and dryerlazy riverspring breakfamily vacationnational parktrolley stopconciergecabin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

All I can say, the staff are all friendly. Good job. Nice room, the places are so clean. I will share this to my friends. I love to comeback here. Perfect for the vacation. Maintain those staff. Have a good day to all of you. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank wazzikski
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for such a great review. We’re glad to hear you find our resort to be nice and clean with friendly and helpful staff. We’re delighted to hear you recommend us to your friends and family. We hope to see you again very soon.

Brittany

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The mixed reviews I'd read on here about Westgate really had me worried. I was wrong to ever worry about it. Check in was at 3pm but we arrived at 2pm which was no problem. Check in went smooth and quick. During check in we were informed that our room had been upgraded, I'm not sure why but I am so glad it was. We had reserved a studio and got a one bedroom. The room was perfect! It was very nice and clean. The guy that showed us to our room was great, I wish I remembered his name because he was definitely worth bragging about. He had us check the room and made sure we were satisfied before he would carry our luggage in. My 2 year old was tired and cranky from the drive, the guy went out of his way to include her, even having her to swipe the key card on the door. Once in the room he explained everything to us, I had no questions once he was finished. As for the noise that numerous reviews mention, we stayed a week and occasionally heard our neighbors. My personal opinion on that is if I'm hearing their family then chances are they are hearing me and my family. It was never enough to even think of complaining about. The wifi worked great. I had to call the IT department once and they were very nice and accommodating. My daughter and I took the trolley a couple of times and the driver was very nice. I also made a visit to the spa which was amazing! Emily done my massage and Amber did my nails, no complaints with either. The spa however is located next to the arcade and you can hear some of the games. The massage area was nice and you don't hear the noise but in the manicure/pedicure area you can hear the noise. We didn't do a time share tour and we were not hounded or pressured about it. The 24 hour marketplace was nice and the Starbucks was delicious. Everyone at the resort, from the check in to the activity people, was so nice. My family and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us here at the Westgate Smoky Mountain. We are so excited to read so many positive details of your family stay and very honored to know that our staff was at your service every step of the way. All our owners and guests are equally important to us all year long. It would be an honor to provide you with another excellent vacation! M.B

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Our overall experience is positive. And yes we will be back and bring more friends and family and recommend this place.
The location is the best. Its a skip and a hop away from downtown gatlinburg or you can take the bypass to head straight up to the mountain bypassing the downtown traffic. The staff is friendly, well trained very helpful and efficient.
I like that there is a washer and dryer.
I like the 24 hour store.
I like the gym.

They will ask you to join a session to sell you time share but it is not a must. I wanted to give them an opportunity but our schedule did not work out so I had to cancel.

Having said that , there is always room for improvement. I was never able to get the wifi to work on my laptop. It worked fine on my phone. The spa is so-so. The food is good but not great. The coffee maker was broken.

Things will go wrong but you can tell that the staff is doing their best to make things right and I appreciate that.

Overall it was a great experience. I liK e this place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy T

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’d thrilled to know you recommend us to friends and family; what an honor! It’s awesome to know you found our resort to be clean, conveniently located to area attractions, and with many activities and amenities to enjoy. We love hearing when our staff goes above and beyond to provide top notch customer service. It lets us know we’ve made a great choice in picking our employees. We’re glad you had such an enjoyable time and hope to see you again soon!

Nicole

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Dylan and Joann are workers there and they will make you feel like family. Best place to stay. Never wanted to leave. Close to pigeon forge and gaitlinburg. The trolley was easy to get to. Never need to leave the hotel for anything. Great place for kids. Super clean and the view is great no matter where you were. So much fun here.

Room Tip: It's great any in anywhere you stay at this place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’d thrilled to know you consider us “the best place to stay in the world”; what an honor! It’s awesome to know you found our resort to be clean, conveniently located to area attractions, and a great place for kids. We love hearing when our staff goes above and beyond to provide top notch customer service. It lets us know we’ve made a great choice in picking our employees. We’re glad you had such an enjoyable time and hope to see you again soon!

Nicole

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Trip started off terrible as we arrived on a Sunday afternoon at 3:30pm and fully expected to check-in. To our surprise, we waited nearly two hours (with a 6 and 2 year old after a long road trip) to finally hear our room was ready. Once we arrived in our room, we found the one bedroom suite with a pull-out couch to be absolutely terrible. Outlets did not work (and fried my -phone charger), air conditioner never cooled the room, and the water pressure was terrible. Also, another surprise was the bag of meat we found left in the fridge and frozen to the small freezer surface. Our location was terrible as we were right in front of the community center so we heard constant activity all day and night. Lastly, the staff was anything but friendly. As I waited for my to-go order at the Mason Jar one staff member when asked if my food was ready said "I have no idea, I haven't had time to check." Not acceptable. Would never return to this resort.

6  Thank matt b
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We understand you encountered several issues during your stay. Allow us to apologize with the issues you had during the check-in process. Please know upon booking your reservation, you can certainly request for an early check-in. We’re also sorry to hear that you had issues within your unit and the issues you mentioned fall below our standard. Please know although you had some concerns, we’re always looking to provide a better stay for our guests. We hope you allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Idalise