Stayed at a 3000-level 4 bedroom adjoined suite with family.
Can't speak to affordability, because my parents treated the family to celebrate my mom's retirement, but it was resort-level pricing.
The service was awesome! Everyone on the property was Disney-level friendly, including waves as you drove down the on-property road.
The rooms were kind of a mixed bag, as some had torn carpets, missing kitchen amenities, or poor fitting fixtures (bathroom door leaked a bit). Just informational, as my family is really easy going, so none of those things really bothered us.
The layout in the 4 bedroom complex is two junior suites and 2 grand suites (their description). Each suite came with a minimum queen bed and pull out sofa sleeper, so you could really cram the people in if you were so inclined. The morning views from the balcony of the Smokies was amazing.
The drawback to staying in the upper elevations is waiting for the community transpo. Can't be helped, it's a function of the property. Just be advised, if you are looking for quick access to the restaurant, lower pool, lodge (spa), arcade, or anything else, you have to add in the 15+ minute wait for travel from the upper accommodations or drive. That, combined with the fact that everything pretty much closes at 10 pm, meant after kiddie bed time options were limited to in-suite life.
That being said, we had access to a real kitchen, plenty of tableware, glasses, basic cooking gear, a blender, and a toaster. All awesome.
The restaurant service was fantastic and most meals were without issue. Both steaks ordered came under done, which was profusely apologized for by our server, Andy, who was amazing. The bill was very reasonable, especially for 10 people (4 kids). The bar and food prices were very reasonable.
The fitness center was very basic, with 4 treadmills, 2 bikes, about 10 racks of nautilus equipment, and a free weight rack.
WiFi price? What can I say. $10 per day, per device in this day and age is a ripoff.
Overall a neat place to stay. You can't beat the views from the higher elevations, and the service is very friendly. A little more upkeep/ standardization in the rooms and it would be close to a definite return. Most everything was clean and usable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Prime Location in the Beautiful Great Smoky Mountains Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, offers guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home, all within minutes of Great Smoky Mountains National Park - the most-visited national park in the United States - as well as Dollywood theme park and bustling downtown Gatlinburg. With easy access to a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities and a variety of onsite amenities, including an amazing indoor/outdoor water park, your dream vacation is waiting at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Gatlinburg
- Westgate Resort Tennessee
- Westgate Tennessee
- Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort
- Gatlinburg Westgate