“Great attraction for the whole family”

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
Ranked #2 of 110 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies in Gatlinburg, TN, is literally teeming with life - over 10,000 exotic sea creatures in 350 individual species. There are more fish in this aquarium than there are people living in the entire town of Gatlinburg!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great attraction for the whole family”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were hesitant to go due to the comments about the price. However, we purchased our tickets online (they will print them for you at guest services when you arrive) and used a coupon we received in the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce package we requested a few weeks prior to our arrival. For a family of five, we got all our tickets for under $60.00. We loved the underwater aquarium viewing site the most. It was amazing how close you were to the sharks and how much detail you could see when you were underneath them. We could have rode it several times! The dinosaur exhibit was nice but not as large as I thought it would be. Overall, we had a great time and will revisit the attraction on our next trip.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jennifer W

• Polish first
  • Thai first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a blast at this aquarium. They have a great collection of fish and some awesome exhibits. I can't wait to go back with the kids :)

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful, impressive, and entertaining!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

First, I cannot comment on the price since I'm able to get in for free. Most of the negative comments are about the price.

Secondly, it's amazing. I absolutely loved it and will be going back over and over again! They have just about every type of fish known to man, the penguins are ADORABLE and I LOVE how my son and I can crawl through tunnels and pop our heads out RIGHT next to the penguins. Literally. I was disappointed by the name, "Penguin's Playhouse." It makes me think that they take the penguins out every once in awhile and let them play and meet guests, but when I asked they laughed at me and said no. Meh, oh well.

Thirdly, the employees are all super nice. I didn't meet one rude employee, and they all seemed to love their job (which is RARE). It takes about two hours to go through and see everything slowly, but I can see how it can take people an hour through the whole thing. They advertise the dinosaurs a lot but there was only one little room with dinosaurs, so I wasn't expecting it to be that small.

Overall, I loved it. And can't wait to go back!

Visited December 2013
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This aquarium has a great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

As expected, the aquarium smells quite "fishy". The snack bar is in the middle of a large feeding tank for the stingrays. It smells bad. Otherwise, the entire aquarium is a wonderful atmosphere & an awesome learning experience. The shark tunnel is exciting & you're able to enjoy this even more because of the moving sidewalk. Great fun for the adults not just the kids.

Visited June 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“~ Worth the money & It's a must see ~”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Our family of 6 loved it. Our children (11,5,4,2) all had a great time. It was by far the best Aquarium we have ever been to. It was beautiful. There was so much to see and there was alot for the kids to interact with. It's a little on the pricey side but honestly there's so much to do and see it's worth the money. Our family's favorite part was the Shark Lagoon. We took a ton of pictures. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The gift shop & photo kiosk was nice. Souvenirs were a bit expensive though. I recommend going on a weekday when they open to avoid the crowds. We will definitely be returning.

Visited August 2013