Red Carpet Inn of Gatlinburg
US$125
US$110
  • Pool
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$123
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$168
Hotels.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$66
EconoLodge
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$145
GardenInn.com
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$112
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$134
Hampton.com
US$100
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2008

This motel is the worst place I have ever stayed. The rooms smell like mold, the carpets are dirty, our bathroom light bulbs were shot (my husband had to replace light bulbs himself), there was a half eaten hamburger left in the microwave from the previous guest in that room, and lastly the front desk lady is rude and there was not a continental breakfast as advertised. Please do not stay here, it is not worth it!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2007

Said nothing about a 500.00 pet deposit anywhere online, wallpaper was brown and bubbly in the corner, had a strong mildew odor when you walked in. They charged us for one full night, when we only stayed there for 2 hours!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 April 2007

We stayed at this motel last night. I'm still itching all over just from the mere thought of it. My husband and I had been staying in Pigeon Forge in a cabin and was supposed to leave Friday. However, since the weather was horrible there Thursday, we decided to stay in the area one more night so we could do what we had planned. There was a Gold Wing convention in town, so finding lodging was a difficult task. We happened upon an ad for the Red Carpet Inn in Gatlinburg, so my husband called. The ad was for $19.95, but we were told it would be about $50, since it was a Friday. We made the reservation and later drove past the property. As soon as we saw it, we knew we didn't want to stay there. My husband called and spoke to someone who didn't speak English very well. He said we wanted to cancel our reservation and the man told him our credit card would be charged a $10 cancellation fee. We decided to go ahead and keep our reservation.

When we checked in, we parked outside our room and noticed a man about 20 feet away standing outside his room watching our every move. He was an "unsavory" character (to say the least), so we quickly took our luggage in our room and then left. When we returned later that evening, we took a closer look at the property and our room. First of all, the pool didn't even have water in it -- not that we would've taken a swim in that nasty looking thing. The guest "laundry facilities" was a washer & dryer actually located outside. The ice maker looked pretty bad, and we weren't even about to get any ice, since it was located next to the aforementioned man's room.

Now, about our room -- the door jamb looked like the door must have been busted in at one time and the carpet was so filthy that it was actually black in places. The bathroom was in horrible condition. The floor was dirty, and we couldn't even shower because of all the mildew on the bathtub tile. The bed was hard and we couldn't sleep all night since we were tossing and turning. We wanted so bad to just leave, but we were both too tired to drive, so we toughed it out. We got out of there as quickly as we could the next morning. I noticed a rash on my arm that worsened throughout the day. Apparently, something in the bed must've bitten me.

Please, do yourself a favor and skip over this place. I have no idea how motels like this stay in business. I would've felt cleaner and safer sleeping on the ground in a tent.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank timsgal71
Reviewed 11 March 2007

We have stayed several times at Red Carpet and were pleased every time we did. The price was good and the rooms were clean and nice. We are on a limited income so price is very important as is cleanliness. On our last trip we took our children who were up here during their school holiday from University in Brazil. No they don't do breakfast but the staff was very courteous.

Stayed: January 2006
Reviewed 26 August 2006

Wish I'd read the reveiws before we went. It's an awful hotel, one of the worst we have ever stayed in. My daughter jumped in the pool before we really looked at it - it was filthy, dozens of floating bugs and leaves. She came out quickly! The lady at the front desk wore dirty clothes but was helpful in telling us about the news (not good!) from England. The first key didn't open the door and the second key, we were told, was a master key - very concerning. Don't walk around in barefeet, the floors are not clean enough! It is quite a walk from the town of Gatlinburg. We paid $40.89 (incl tax) and I'm sure for the same or for a few dollars more we could've got a much better/cleaner hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family