“Absolute Filthy Dump”

Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Noblesville, IN
“Absolute Filthy Dump”
Reviewed 26 October 2008

We stayed at this facility 10/ 25, 26, 2008 - WARNING – Look at the room before authorizing stay. Please be aware that if you pay these folks, you will not get your money back, if you leave. You will need to file complaints through the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce and possible the Tennessee State Attorney General’s Office. You DO NOT want to take children here. This is a filthy, mildew filled, rundown facility that needs to meet the wrecking ball. You will find black / mildew and torn chalk on all appliances, heavily worn and STAINED bedding, mattress, and box spring, carpet black with dirt, pillows you would not want your dog to sleep on, drapes with holes, no ice, OUTDOOR washer and dryer, horrific customer service, wallpaper falling off the walls, state etc. Please understand that I am not exaggerating here – look for yourself. This place needs to be featured on some type of documentary for lodging eligible to be closed by the state. We are well educated and realized that we were paying a low rate and did not expect even something comparable to a Holiday Inn, but this place would make a Motel 6 look luxurious. There are dozens of facilities close to this site - do yourself a favor and find another.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The facility and staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank OnTheRoad55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Abingdon
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Our visit was Thursday, July 24 and Friday, July 25, 2008. We recently stayed here at the Red Carpet Inn in Gatlinburg TN and too much of my surprise it was acceptable. I knew from the price that it was not going to be the Ritz. We, both my parents and myself, stayed 2 nights. The beds were soft, the carpet was clean, the shower curtain however had mildew on it. We brought this to the cleaning lady at the hotel but she did not do anything about it. We had a do not distrub sign on the door so I believe that is why the curtain did not get changed or cleaned while we were gone that day. There were also 2 dirty towels in the floor behind the bathroom door when we arrived to our room. The cleaning lady apologized for this when we brought it to her attention. As for the continential breakfast, coffee and a dount! No thanks, we got breakfast elsewhere. The washer and dryer are located outside as well as the ice machine. The washer did not work but the dryer did. We ended up going to the Wash Tub about a 1 or so miles down the road to do laundry. The wallpaper in the bathroom had the pattern going sideways instead of up and down like it should have been. There was a hole in the bathroom wallpaper that I stuffed toilet paper in. I was not sure why the hole was there or what may have been in there. The swimming pool was nice. We had it all to ourselves the first night. The second night, there was a family with three children in the pool with us, which was fine. The pool area was clean. They could have taken the weeds down on the other side of the fence to beautify the scenery soom. The man we dealt with in the lobby was pleasant. We asked for more towels in which he promptly delivered to our room. I would stay there again with no problem. The hotel was well within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg and the trolleys run right past the hotel to go either direction. We were so tired when we got back to the place we slept very well. There is lots to see and do in Gatlinburg and many hotels/motels/inns to stay in. You don't have to spend lots of money on the hotel. There are cheaper places. Spend your money on the other things in Gatlinburg not expensive hotels. The driveways or entrance to this place is a hill. Then again everything in that area is on a hill! It was not a hard place to get in and out of. I was thinking since we were so close to downtown that the traffic would be horrible but it was not. There is a turn lane so that does help with getting in and out of the Red Carpet Inn.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the mildew on the shower curtain
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2008

This hotel is a DISGRACE. Just like many others, I booked online and the experience of staying at this hotel was too bad to describe. I am attaching pictures, so that you can see how the rooms look like. Due to the awful condition, I could not stay there for the whole time, but they made me pay upfront, and when I left the next day, they refused to refund me for the nights I was no longer willing to spend there.

• Liked — This hotel is a disgrace
  • Disliked — This hotel is a disgrace
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Guntersville, AL
Reviewed 20 February 2008

This motel is the worst place I have ever stayed. The rooms smell like mold, the carpets are dirty, our bathroom light bulbs were shot (my husband had to replace light bulbs himself), there was a half eaten hamburger left in the microwave from the previous guest in that room, and lastly the front desk lady is rude and there was not a continental breakfast as advertised. Please do not stay here, it is not worth it!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
Monroe, OH
Reviewed 31 August 2007

Said nothing about a 500.00 pet deposit anywhere online, wallpaper was brown and bubbly in the corner, had a strong mildew odor when you walked in. They charged us for one full night, when we only stayed there for 2 hours!!!!

• Liked — The woman at the front desk, she was not the owner
  • Disliked — The owner asking me for a 500.00 deposit for my dog
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 29 April 2007

We stayed at this motel last night. I'm still itching all over just from the mere thought of it. My husband and I had been staying in Pigeon Forge in a cabin and was supposed to leave Friday. However, since the weather was horrible there Thursday, we decided to stay in the area one more night so we could do what we had planned. There was a Gold Wing convention in town, so finding lodging was a difficult task. We happened upon an ad for the Red Carpet Inn in Gatlinburg, so my husband called. The ad was for $19.95, but we were told it would be about $50, since it was a Friday. We made the reservation and later drove past the property. As soon as we saw it, we knew we didn't want to stay there. My husband called and spoke to someone who didn't speak English very well. He said we wanted to cancel our reservation and the man told him our credit card would be charged a $10 cancellation fee. We decided to go ahead and keep our reservation.

When we checked in, we parked outside our room and noticed a man about 20 feet away standing outside his room watching our every move. He was an "unsavory" character (to say the least), so we quickly took our luggage in our room and then left. When we returned later that evening, we took a closer look at the property and our room. First of all, the pool didn't even have water in it -- not that we would've taken a swim in that nasty looking thing. The guest "laundry facilities" was a washer & dryer actually located outside. The ice maker looked pretty bad, and we weren't even about to get any ice, since it was located next to the aforementioned man's room.

Now, about our room -- the door jamb looked like the door must have been busted in at one time and the carpet was so filthy that it was actually black in places. The bathroom was in horrible condition. The floor was dirty, and we couldn't even shower because of all the mildew on the bathtub tile. The bed was hard and we couldn't sleep all night since we were tossing and turning. We wanted so bad to just leave, but we were both too tired to drive, so we toughed it out. We got out of there as quickly as we could the next morning. I noticed a rash on my arm that worsened throughout the day. Apparently, something in the bed must've bitten me.

Please, do yourself a favor and skip over this place. I have no idea how motels like this stay in business. I would've felt cleaner and safer sleeping on the ground in a tent.

• Liked — Not one thing.
  • Disliked — Name it and we hated it.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
8 Thank timsgal71
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 11 March 2007

We have stayed several times at Red Carpet and were pleased every time we did. The price was good and the rooms were clean and nice. We are on a limited income so price is very important as is cleanliness. On our last trip we took our children who were up here during their school holiday from University in Brazil. No they don't do breakfast but the staff was very courteous.

Stayed January 2006