“Stay in a garbage can 1st”

Red Carpet Inn of Gatlinburg
Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
bristol,va
“Stay in a garbage can 1st”
Reviewed 6 September 2009

It sucks, and I'm not a real particular person. My wife is, and she freaked out when we got into our room. The floor was dirty, the walls were bad looking. The bathroom (or closet) was dingy and dark. The door had a big gap at the bottom to the outside. She raised cain with the person on duty and got our money back.
I wished I had seen this review back when we stayed there.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank gdawg01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Troutman, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This hotel should be CONDEMED! this place was awlful!! We walked into the lobby to check in and we had to hold our nose the smell was that bad. We both knew then we better check the room first. We went to the room opened the door and the carpets were black with stains we checked the bathroom and the shower did not work at all we looked at the beds and ther was pubic hair on the pillow case we sat on the bed and it felt like cardboard. The SMELL was undescribable it was a combination of mold, never cleaned with chemicals just disgusting. My son has asthma and we all knew if he stayed there he would have been in the hospital that night it was really that bad. we went back to the lobby to tell the man we would not be staying and he played STUPID and acted like there was nothing wrong or that this was the first time he had ever heard that his hotel was gross.We sked for our money back and he was very nasty and would not give us our money back. He charged us for the night and we left and went to a much nicer clearner hotel. I would not reccomend this hotel to my worst enemy . PLEASE LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS THEY ARE ALL TRUE THIS PLASE SHOULD BE CONDEMED!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Heather Eric B

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

athens tn
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Low prices. Low quality. Has a half way nice swimming pool. Older motel. Within a brisk walk down the hill to the aquarium. Stay here only if saving money on your hotel in Gatlinburg is your # 1 priority.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — needs to be updated better
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank tennesseetrumpet
Alabama
Reviewed 27 October 2008

This hotel should be closed permanently. First of all, the address given and the actual street address are NOT the same. We knew the minute we were checking in it was a bad mistake so we only paid for one night....It was very late so we didn't want to start looking right then.The rooms are so terrible we found another motel with a vacancy first thing the next morning, that is as soon as we were able to move after sleeping on that horrible mattress. The ad we read when we originally made the reservation stated "all rooms newly renovated" we were offered a special promotional price because of this.... Newly renovated from where? The local dump? The capet was so disgusting I wouldn't even walk on it without my shoes, the mattress had seen it's last days about 5 years ago, the entire room smelled horrible, there was no bathroom counter....just a sink hanging on the wall. Talk about a VERY MISLEADING advertisement! I would NOT recommend anyone waste their time or money staying here!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank kars5860
Noblesville, IN
Reviewed 26 October 2008

We stayed at this facility 10/ 25, 26, 2008 - WARNING – Look at the room before authorizing stay. Please be aware that if you pay these folks, you will not get your money back, if you leave. You will need to file complaints through the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce and possible the Tennessee State Attorney General’s Office. You DO NOT want to take children here. This is a filthy, mildew filled, rundown facility that needs to meet the wrecking ball. You will find black / mildew and torn chalk on all appliances, heavily worn and STAINED bedding, mattress, and box spring, carpet black with dirt, pillows you would not want your dog to sleep on, drapes with holes, no ice, OUTDOOR washer and dryer, horrific customer service, wallpaper falling off the walls, state etc. Please understand that I am not exaggerating here – look for yourself. This place needs to be featured on some type of documentary for lodging eligible to be closed by the state. We are well educated and realized that we were paying a low rate and did not expect even something comparable to a Holiday Inn, but this place would make a Motel 6 look luxurious. There are dozens of facilities close to this site - do yourself a favor and find another.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The facility and staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank OnTheRoad55
Abingdon
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Our visit was Thursday, July 24 and Friday, July 25, 2008. We recently stayed here at the Red Carpet Inn in Gatlinburg TN and too much of my surprise it was acceptable. I knew from the price that it was not going to be the Ritz. We, both my parents and myself, stayed 2 nights. The beds were soft, the carpet was clean, the shower curtain however had mildew on it. We brought this to the cleaning lady at the hotel but she did not do anything about it. We had a do not distrub sign on the door so I believe that is why the curtain did not get changed or cleaned while we were gone that day. There were also 2 dirty towels in the floor behind the bathroom door when we arrived to our room. The cleaning lady apologized for this when we brought it to her attention. As for the continential breakfast, coffee and a dount! No thanks, we got breakfast elsewhere. The washer and dryer are located outside as well as the ice machine. The washer did not work but the dryer did. We ended up going to the Wash Tub about a 1 or so miles down the road to do laundry. The wallpaper in the bathroom had the pattern going sideways instead of up and down like it should have been. There was a hole in the bathroom wallpaper that I stuffed toilet paper in. I was not sure why the hole was there or what may have been in there. The swimming pool was nice. We had it all to ourselves the first night. The second night, there was a family with three children in the pool with us, which was fine. The pool area was clean. They could have taken the weeds down on the other side of the fence to beautify the scenery soom. The man we dealt with in the lobby was pleasant. We asked for more towels in which he promptly delivered to our room. I would stay there again with no problem. The hotel was well within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg and the trolleys run right past the hotel to go either direction. We were so tired when we got back to the place we slept very well. There is lots to see and do in Gatlinburg and many hotels/motels/inns to stay in. You don't have to spend lots of money on the hotel. There are cheaper places. Spend your money on the other things in Gatlinburg not expensive hotels. The driveways or entrance to this place is a hill. Then again everything in that area is on a hill! It was not a hard place to get in and out of. I was thinking since we were so close to downtown that the traffic would be horrible but it was not. There is a turn lane so that does help with getting in and out of the Red Carpet Inn.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the mildew on the shower curtain
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2008

This hotel is a DISGRACE. Just like many others, I booked online and the experience of staying at this hotel was too bad to describe. I am attaching pictures, so that you can see how the rooms look like. Due to the awful condition, I could not stay there for the whole time, but they made me pay upfront, and when I left the next day, they refused to refund me for the nights I was no longer willing to spend there.

• Liked — This hotel is a disgrace
  • Disliked — This hotel is a disgrace
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple