“NOT THAT GREAT”

Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Utica, Mississippi
“NOT THAT GREAT”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This lodge was ok but it was not great. When we arrived the front desk staff did not appear to be very friendly (maybe they weren't use to seeing people of color vacation). All of our rooms were booked together but everyone ended up paying a different price for our rooms. There are no amenities that I could see except for the breakfast, the rooms where clean but kind of dated to me. The lodge is in a good location but if I am paying $200 for a room I expect the front desk staff to be a little bit nicer. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Homer, Illnois
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A few weeks ago we stayed @ the Bearskin Lodge~~~ this was either our 3rd or 4th visit. When I made my reservations for a 3 night stay~~I found the front staff to be Very helpful, friendly & courteous* Also it was nice after a long car trip to find fresh coffee, cookies & lemonade available in the front lobby when checking in* I was able to obtain a creek view room & was not disappointed~~~The view was Awesome & the sound of the creek soothing! Our room was extremely Clean & was kept that way for the duration of our stay.~~~ A heart felt "Thank~you" to the front staff & housekeeping department for making our stay in Gatlinburg ~~~Fantastic !!! ~~~ You all "ROCK" !!!* I give each of you 5 Stars!* :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

When in Gatlinburg, we always stay at Bearskin Lodge. It is clean, reasonable, and well located. We have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast is simple but good. The balconies over the river are great. We usually leave the door open to hear the stream. The only negative in my opinion is parking. It is pretty tight unless you drive a compact. Overall, it is highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Estero
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff went above and beyond!! Great Breakfast included, Cookies and Lemonade, Loved pool and Lazy River floating pool. We stayed in King room with Jacuzzi/Fireplace. We will be back for sure. Thx.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Virginia P
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in a King room with a jacuzzi and fireplace. Front desk folks are nice, breakfast lady very hospitable. Room was spacious and clean, no weird smells, just clean. Balcony is a little bit small, but we really weren't out there much anyway. Shower had good water pressure (always important to me!) Small cube fridge, but no microwave. That one really baffled me. BUT we were traveling with a toddler and I found the breakfast room was still open around lunchtime so I could nuke her a Gerber meal!

Breakfast was the standard continental fare-the waffle machines, cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. But they also had biscuits and gravy (not grandmas but adequate!). Fresh hot cookies and cold lemonade in the lobby too!

Great location and walking distance to good restaurants. Pool and lazy river were clean and relaxing. Also had a couple fires you could make s'mores at!

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014
New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

ok place to stay considering reasonable rate,good location within walking distance to town,room was large,not anything fancy but clean and fairly comfortable beds,pool was small but refreshing,front desk staff answered questions but not friendly or informative, breakfast was ok-the usual continental with the waffles you can make yourself-breakfast room was not very open or cheery-small and no large windows to enjoy the views

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nash
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not a very warm welcome at front desk upon check in. There is a lodge/cabin feel. My room was large and & I loved the wet bar at the foyer entrance into the room. Had to get housekeeping to vacuum carpet because of dirty filter in air conditioner throwing out lint balls. They also vacuumed out the filter in the A/C. Carpet looked worn out as did the couch. Baseboards around walls were damaged in some areas. The jets in the tub really need to be replaced. They looked old & worn as well. Never used them. Lots of towels. Hot water. Bed was cozy & comfortable. Slept great. Never heard any outside noise from other guests. ie: doors slamming, voices in hallways. Would stay again if I had to but I believe there may be better, less expensive options in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room on either side.