“Great family place to stay”

Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a four night stay with bearskin and we plan to stay there again when we go back to Gatlinburg. We found the hotel to be clean and in a great location for walking on the strip. The Staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in a city view room, traffic was a bit noisy buy it was a great view of the pool, part the strip and the mountains beyond it. Kids really enjoyed the pool and lazy river which was both heated the gas fire pits in the pool area added a comfortable touch. I recommend Bennetts Bar B a few doors east. Breakfast area was a little small but we never had to wait for a table to open up. I was a little let down about what was available for breakfast. Usual cold items, but the only hot items was waffles and biscuits and gravy. Beds was comfortable and the room seemed big enough for our family of four. The Kids liked the hot tub and wife liked the gas fireplace even though it was June. We plan to stay here again when we comeback next time.

Room Tip: creek side seemed quiet, but the view just across was another hotel. We walked over one night and y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff H

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay. Staff was very nice and helpful. Have stayed here before and will return again. Rooms were clean and well kept. The cleaning staff does a great job. The lazy river, though on the small side, is a big hit with the kids. They light a fire by the pool at night which is real nice to sit around at night and relax.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This lodge was ok but it was not great. When we arrived the front desk staff did not appear to be very friendly (maybe they weren't use to seeing people of color vacation). All of our rooms were booked together but everyone ended up paying a different price for our rooms. There are no amenities that I could see except for the breakfast, the rooms where clean but kind of dated to me. The lodge is in a good location but if I am paying $200 for a room I expect the front desk staff to be a little bit nicer. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise T
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A few weeks ago we stayed @ the Bearskin Lodge~~~ this was either our 3rd or 4th visit. When I made my reservations for a 3 night stay~~I found the front staff to be Very helpful, friendly & courteous* Also it was nice after a long car trip to find fresh coffee, cookies & lemonade available in the front lobby when checking in* I was able to obtain a creek view room & was not disappointed~~~The view was Awesome & the sound of the creek soothing! Our room was extremely Clean & was kept that way for the duration of our stay.~~~ A heart felt "Thank~you" to the front staff & housekeeping department for making our stay in Gatlinburg ~~~Fantastic !!! ~~~ You all "ROCK" !!!* I give each of you 5 Stars!* :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

When in Gatlinburg, we always stay at Bearskin Lodge. It is clean, reasonable, and well located. We have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast is simple but good. The balconies over the river are great. We usually leave the door open to hear the stream. The only negative in my opinion is parking. It is pretty tight unless you drive a compact. Overall, it is highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff went above and beyond!! Great Breakfast included, Cookies and Lemonade, Loved pool and Lazy River floating pool. We stayed in King room with Jacuzzi/Fireplace. We will be back for sure. Thx.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia P
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in a King room with a jacuzzi and fireplace. Front desk folks are nice, breakfast lady very hospitable. Room was spacious and clean, no weird smells, just clean. Balcony is a little bit small, but we really weren't out there much anyway. Shower had good water pressure (always important to me!) Small cube fridge, but no microwave. That one really baffled me. BUT we were traveling with a toddler and I found the breakfast room was still open around lunchtime so I could nuke her a Gerber meal!

Breakfast was the standard continental fare-the waffle machines, cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. But they also had biscuits and gravy (not grandmas but adequate!). Fresh hot cookies and cold lemonade in the lobby too!

Great location and walking distance to good restaurants. Pool and lazy river were clean and relaxing. Also had a couple fires you could make s'mores at!

Overall a great stay.