“We Will Return!!”

Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 28 March 2009

A friend of mine recommended this hotel to me and I'm so glad so did! We normally stay in cabins so I was very nervous about booking a hotel. Our stay was just great! My 2 year old daughter loved watching the stream from our balcony. The room was large and smelled clean. The continental breakfast was basic and ok but we prefer Flapjacks Pancake Cabin for breakfast. The location is good and there's a trolley stop in front of the hotel. We walked to most locations but did use the trolley when it rained. I love going down in March because it's low season so it's cheaper and there's less people. We will return..same time next year!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieGP

Reviewed 26 March 2009

We stayed at the Bearskin Lodge for the Celebrate Santa Convention. The Staff are pleasant and friendly. The room was clean. The bathtub is not a major problem, however it could use some caulk where the tub meets the wall. The location was close enough that we walked to the convention center each day. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. We parked the truck and walked every where. The whirpool tub in our room was a great benefit after walking in the Holly and Shamrock Parade.
Looking foward to staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Motherbritanica
Reviewed 25 March 2009

My family and I stayed at the Bearskin Lodge for three days. The hotel is in a great location if you want to walk to most attractions in Gatlinburg. The best part of the hotel is the large rooms. There was plenty of room for all four of us. The private balcony over the creek was nice, but you are directly accross from another hotel. The staff was freindly enough most of the time. The daily breakfast was your standard hotel breakfast. Our room was clean when we arrived and the carpet and furniture looked new. However, some wall sockets did not work. The housekeeping was not the best. One day we did not have enough towels and the coffee maker was not cleaned or re-supplied, this despite the fact we had left a tip.
Overall, this is a pretty good place to stay if you are not relying totally on a high-standard hotel to make your Gatlinburg experience worthwhile. Enjoy the mountains, the shops, and the food!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2009

My husband and I visit Gatlinburg every year in October. We have stayed at the Clarion and the Hampton on the strip. This was the first time that we stayed at the Bearskin Lodge and it was great. The view was awesome and the rooms were clean and very spacious. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 19 February 2009

I stayed at Bearskin in March 2004 and again 2 nights ago. The staff is still very helpful. I called the front desk to ask for an extra blanket for the bed. Housekeeping was at our door 10 minutes later with the blanket. I was given a 10% discount for being a returning customer...no hotel has ever done that for me before. The breakfast was good...no complaints. The location is a little of the beaten path, but it is next door to The Peddler, which is expensive, but excellent. We were walking distance to Texas Roadhouse and several businesses.I will stay at Bearskin again if I'm ever at Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank scarlet41Georgia
Reviewed 5 February 2009

We stayed at the Bearskin for 5 nights over New Years and enjoyed it very much. I must say after reading some of the negative reviews here, we were a little worried before we left. But once we arrived I found some of those negative comments to be quite off base and unfair. The staff was attentive and very friendly. The only thing is they were not to aware of what was going on in the area. We had asked for info on The Festival of Lights trolley tour and they didn't know much about it. Come to find out you needed to make advance reservations and by the time we got around to it they were booked. So we missed out on this. But otherwise everyhting was fine at this hotel. Very comfortable, nice accomodations. We really liked the lodge feel even though the lobby is quite small. The fireplace in the lobby was great to sit around. We had a handicap accessible room since that was all that was available, even though we called six months in advance. The room was nice and spacious and we had a good view I wasn't expecting, could see the mountains. Good breakfast, although, we would have preffered scrambled eggs to cold, hardboiled ones. There is also a great breakfast place right across the street, called River Road Pancake House. I highly reccomend it.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay here and I would reccomend it to anyone. If people want Ritz style service then maybe they should pay Ritz style prices. But for those of us who enjoy a nice looking, comfortable hotel in a convenient location at a good price, Bearskin is a very good choice.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Lis411
Reviewed 27 January 2009

This was our 2nd trip to The Bearskin Lodge. Both times we have found this hotel to be very clean. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Rooms are very spacious, beds are comfortable. We had 2 queenbeds with a fireplace and a balcony over the river. The only drawbacks that we found were that with the balcony over the river room - your "across the river view" is another motel straight ahead. The other thing was that there isn't quite enough parking when the hotel is full. We were out somewhat late due to skiing and had a very hard time finding a parking spot. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family