“Best value ever - can hardly wait to go back!”

Brevard Inn and Cabins
Cumming, Georgia
“Best value ever - can hardly wait to go back!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you are looking for a pool or hot tub (we were not!) then you should go to any old cookie cutter chain hotel. If you are looking for a good mountain retreat experience, this is a CABIN for you!! And, as a cabin over 100 years old - it is about as authentic as you can get if you are looking for a true mountain experience while still having all the comforts of home. We recently stayed in the "Cubby Bear" and were just DELIGHTED with the facility as well as outstanding service. Scrupulously clean and fresh. When the innkeeper says,"I'm as close as a cell-phone call," she is SERIOUS, and she was there to quickly take care of our every need and request... in about 10 minutes. I didn't really know what to expect when we arranged to stay there as I had not read the trip advisor reviews - but I am so glad that we made the trip and stayed at the Brevard Inn Cabins. My husband and I do a LOT of traveling for our business (1-3 weekends per month) so we've had a LOT of experience with EVERY kind of place to stay. I usually do NOT leave reviews except for outstanding experiences - this one was one of the BEST EVER. I cannot imagine a better value than this, and am shocked by the review of the folks who apparently also stayed in the same cabin recently. How sad that they did not pay attention to Renni telling them, "call if you need anything." It is her standard operating procedure, and she FOLLOWS THROUGH. I am so looking forward to returning to Gatlinburg just so I can stay in one of these delightful cabins where the peace and quiet is so valuable to us in our high-pressured and hectic life. Dogs? WHAT dogs?? The rest and seclusion was a lifesaver, and all within walking distance of EVERYTHING! We parked our vehicle when we arrived, and didn't move it again until we were ready to leave Gatlinburg at the end of the weekend. I can hardly wait for hubby to be off so we can return for a FUN and RESTFUL weekend - not a working one. Looking forward to visiting again with Renni who made us feel so welcomed and very special.

Room Tip: Book one of these cabins; you will be so glad you did!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Nancyonthego
brecardcabinsgat, Owner at Brevard Inn and Cabins, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
The Brevard Inn family is very pleased with your taking your time to express such satisfaction with the Cubbie Bear cabin. It is timely and needful . Many thank you's to you. We do strive to accommodate the guests and are delighted when we hear your excitement with our facilities.
We're looking forward to your return. Sincerely, Reeni The Innkeeper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was my husband and my first stay in Reeni's Brevard cabins, but we have rented many cabins over the years. There were a few good points but many more disappointments. We made reservations for the smallest cabin, Cubby Bear. When we walked in we were hit with the overwhelming odor of dankness and mildew. So powerful my husband, who is usually fairly unaffected by smells, considered it a problem. I spoke with Reeni, the owner, and she said she was aware of the issue and thought the roof may be leaking. She said she had tried to air out the cabin before we got there. My thought was, why not find the problem and get it fixed or at least warn us before we booked the cabin? She moved us to the cabin next door, which had no moisture smells. Both cabins were extremely small. They are really more like a hotel room with a very small room attached that is set up like a kitchenette. It has a very small bar sink with no counter space, a large dorm room type refrigerator, a microwave, a toaster and a coffee maker. There was no cutlery or dinnerware. I needed a knife to cut a lime and had to purchase one. There was a hodge podge of paper plates and plastic cutlery that I assume former guests have left. We had one dish rag and one dish towel. No additional supply of kitchen linens. The bathroom only had a very small shower stall. It was impossible to shave m legs in the shower. She provided four towels and two washcloths. No hand towels and no hooks to hang any towels on after use. The water was hot and the pressure was good. The bed was firm and we slept well. The room also had a flat screen tv but due to the size of the room and layout, only one chair would fit across from the tv. The other had to be next to the tv. So two people watching the tv is inconvenient. One person has to lay on the bed--because the bed is not against the wall across from the tv. That was not a big deal for us because we didn't watch a lot of tv. But it could be important to other folks, so I included it. The heater in the room works very well and the room was quite comfortable temperature-wise. There is a gas fire place that works very well and provides nice ambience. The view is nonexistent. The trade off is that you are three blocks from downtown. If you are wanting that "out in the woods" feeling, these cabins will not provide that. If you want quick access to downtown, you're golden. The pictures I have attached are a panoramic from the front porch of the cabin we stayed in. There are kenneled dogs on the hill right behind the cabin. I believe they are on the owner's property. As a rule I don't mind barking dogs if it is not incessant and this was not. However, I do not like being awakened by barking dogs, which we were--and we were up at 7:30a. There were a few good points, but overall I found the cabin a big disappointment. I can't imagine if there had not been another cabin available and we had to stay in the first cabin. I would have been sick for weeks. And if you are not going to provide the basics--cutlery and silverware--a heads up would be nice. Plus at the price of $120.00/night, I really feel like we got ripped off. The cabin has the issues I've already covered plus no Jacuzzi or hot tub-or tub at all for that matter. We will return to Gatlinburg, but not to these cabins. Reeni, the new owner, is very nice but nice doesn't make up for all the other stuff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank jaagreer
The management regrets your great disappointment with our cabins.
We do not try to be a fancy facility, but a quaint cozy abode for couples.
I the Innkeeper have corrected the musty smell in the cabin, the (new) roof had to be repaired.
Again our regrets extended to you.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We went to the Brevard Inn in our first visit to Tennessee and we would love to come again in our upcoming visits. We are very happy to have chosen this cabin because it added to the experience we wanted to have in TN which is an environmentally friend place away from the usual buildings and chaos from the city. Even though this sweet cabin is quite historic it has everything one needs to feel more than comfortable. Rooms are very clean, bed is very comfy, TV has all the good channels, Wi-fi is pretty fast and water is hot and abundant. The feature that we loved most was the location of the cabin which is at a walking distance of all the main attractions and restaurants in Gatlinburg. This was great since finding parking can be hectic and a bit expensive in this small town. The only inconvenience we forgot to tell the owner about is that the bathroom didnt lock well. And I say we forgot to tell her because she was very welcoming, easy to reach and beyond helpful. Anyways, these sweet cabins are a must if you want to live the Gatlinburg full experience! All the best to Reeni the owner! We loved meeting you!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaolitaandSathish
brecardcabinsgat, Owner at Brevard Inn and Cabins, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
This is a beautiful assessment you have given and we thank you. It's our pleasure to bring this kind of experience to your trip to these Great Smoky Mountains.
Hurry back! You were perfect guests. Blessings to you.Sincerely, Reeni the Innkeeper
Indiana
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We went to this cabin to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. The cabin overall is satisfactory - good value for money I can say. The best part is that it is just 5 mins walking from the Gatlinburg downtown - from "Ripley's Believe it or Not" and still its located at a quiet and scenic location. The amenities inside the cabin are also satisfactory. The owner is very friendly and cooperative.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ROLEGOLD
Shepherder, Owner at Brevard Inn and Cabins, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you so much for using the Trip Advisor . We are serious about the evaluations by our guests and take them to heart. I and the Inn are a continual work in progress and hope to have you back again and again.
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 October 2012

For my first vacation in more than three years, I did a lot of research and looked into many corporate type hotels/motels to stay in. Luckily, through my research and with the help of trip advisor, I found the Brevard Inn and feel very lucky indeed to have found it. The 200-year-old, completely refurbished cabin was in walking distance to everything. It was enchanting with a stone fireplace, a frig, microwave, coffee maker, and a good size bathroom with plenty of hot water. But the best was Renni, the hostess, who immediately made you feel welcome and part of her family. The room was spotless, the bed quite comfortable and the area peaceful. It was only a short drive to a one-way road through the Smoky Mountains and my hostess gave up part of her day to go along with me so I would not feel so alone. The topper was the journal in the room where you could read comments from all her other visitors and put your own in as well. I hope I don't have to wait three more years for another vacation, but if I do, I would love to go back to the Brevard Inn! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank CarolF863
Shepherder, Owner at Brevard Inn and Cabins, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
So many thank you's are in order for you. What a sweet visitor you were. Let's keep in touch. You kept an exceptional cabin. Fun guest to have as well. If you are ever in this area again please come stay with Brevard Inn and I'll be very happy to accommodate you...will try to roll out the red carpet! Blessings to you. Sincerely, Reeni
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Relax in the rockers on the front porch of this cozy log cabin over a hundred years old. Keep warm by the gas fireplace and enjoy the quality mattress and fresh, fluffy pillows. The Inn Keeper is very attentive to the needs of the overnight guests. Located within walking distance to all the great food, shopping, and attractions of downtown Gatlinburg. We have stayed at Brevard Inn several times over the past twenty years and it is always a pleasure!

The Coopers- Nashville, TN

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank RN85_12
WOW! Thank you for being such awesome guests. you took great care of the cabin and it's such a treat to have some of Marjorie's guests come back and stay. Thank you , thank you , thank you, I hope you will make me a special part of your Gatlinburg experience every time...You are such sweet people. That's for your time to write your review as well. Hope to meet again and again. Yours truly Reeni
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 March 2005

My husband and I honeymooned at Brevard Inn in 1978, and went back there to celebrate our 20th anniversary 7 years ago. It was hard to believe it had been 20 years before that we were married and made our first trip there together! The cabins are so romantic and isolated, yet close to downtown stores and shops. Be assured that you can't go wrong with Brevard Inn. We hope to go back there in 3 years for our 30th!

Phil and Cheryl Dalton
Macon, GA

• Stayed November 1999
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
brecardcabinsgat, Owner at Brevard Inn and Cabins, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit such a sweet review...I was surprised to find anything out in cyber space this many years later. Yes the Brevard Inn is open and in continual updating and refreshing. I am the new owner of Marjories Brevard Inn. We traveled and ministered together for many yrs.,she also taught me the Inn Keepers Industry...I hope you'll continue to come back and enjoy this property for years to come. My add. and ph. contacts have changed I'd love to here from you,,,865-599-7514 anytime my name is Rev, Reeni Martinson. thank you again for your review.