“Nice hotel in a great location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gatlinburg North
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Kanata, Canada
“Nice hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed here on a family vacation and really enjoyed it. The hotel is well located, about a 10 minute walk from the Ripley's Aquarium and the shops and restaurants in Gatlinburg, and just a short 5 to 10 minute drive to the other attractions in Pigeon Forge.

The hotel is well-maintained and very clean, and service was very good. The included breakfast was good with decent variety (eggs, waffles, cereal, fruit, bagels, etc.), but given the number of people staying at the hotel, finding a place to sit and eat was sometimes a challenge.

The pools are small, but the waterslide at the outdoor pool was a lot of fun for me and the kids and the indoor pool was very warm and relaxing after a long day of activities.

We would definitely be happy to stay at this hotel again, and I think it represents exceptional value for money.

2 Thank CanadianBeachJunkie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Knightdale, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Chain Hotel that is good for the Kids

This was our second stay at this property, which a very nice Fairfield. The hotel is centrally located to both downtown Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Sadly it is in the middle of neither.

The hotel has a small outdoor pool that can be heated with zero entry and a water slide. The kids love it.

Immediately outside the hotel is a trolley stop and mini golf. If the well provided for breakfast bar is not for you, local chain Flap Jacks is immediately adjacent to the hotel.

The hotel boasts a stream side, which is somewhat disingenuous if that is your draw. There is ample parking, but the lots get miked in with trolley, mini golf, and restaurant visitors, which can put people staying there in the boonies. There is also a single elevator, which can get backed up during peaks.

The staff is courteous and professional. Much better than many Fairfields.

Room Tip: We picked one by the pool, which does not provide access to the pool but is nice for keeping an eye...
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

The wife and I booked a suite for our 10 year anniversary. When I went into the lobby to register, the young man behind the counter told me that there had been a mistake; my reservation was for September instead. Wow! Not only did they drop the ball on me on my anniversary, but they put us in a tough predicament trying to find another place to stay at the last minute on the busiest weekend of the year. What did they do to try to fix it? Nothing but told me to check at light number 3, that there should be some openings at the Holiday Inn and if they are booked then we are "hit." Wow! The good lord teaches us patience and kindness so I didn't make a scene about it, smiled and thanked them for their time and left. Thankfully old faithful, "Music Road"' wasn't booked. They even gave me a discount after they heard what had happened. Now that, my friend, is how you succeed in your business!

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Harvey11b
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel in a great location. The staff was very friendly and proficient. The pool are was great for the kids. The only complaint was there was several areas of mold in the bathroom. Otherwise very enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Second time staying here and a Silver member. For the value, the location was ok, but plan to do a lot of walking or paying for parking if going to Gatlinburg. Do not count on the trolley making runs, because it is VERY sporadic. The staff at the hotel were all top of the line, accommodating and friendly. The morning breakfast food has a better offering than last year. One thing on the beds- many of the pillows are a bit lumpy and uncomfortable, however with the several included in the room, a comfortable selection was found.

1 Thank Mike O
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield for a weekend micro-cation as a family. I grew up near Knoxville and came to Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, and Gatlinburg often with family and groups. I'm also a Marriott Gold Member and have stayed at numerous properties throughout the country.

This hotel ranks as very good family location. In Gatlinburg but not far enough in to be hampered by traffic or noise, the Fairfield offers clean, affordable, decent sized rooms. The pool is perfect families with small children. We have a toddler and 6 year old and they both enjoyed the slide, graded entry and water umbrella.

I made a mistake booking the room thinking that there was a pull out sofa in the King room. The staff was very helpful in trying to accommodate my mistake. They went out of their way to rebook another room the following day and even moved our stuff for us while we were out and about. I've been to many more posh properties, but this one has southern hospitality from the front desk to housekeeping.

We enjoy staying here and will most likely be back when we bring the entire family. It is not necessarily a couples location as there are many families with young children running around.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2 queens room with a balcony. It overlooks the pool and is a good place to dry wet cloth...
2 Thank LeeFilmProf
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked the room with Harrison, he was very accommodating every time I called with more questions about the room, cleanliness etc. When I checked in he made sure that our room was EXTRA clean since I have some what of a phobia when it comes to cleanliness. The front desk staff was young and a bit unprofessional with eating behind the desk and not quite what I was used to, but they were nice and very accommodating. The one experience I had with and older staff member Casey was not pleasant so I guess older doesn't mean much after all.

Our room was very nice and our bed was super comfy! I can't say the same about the pull out sofa bed. The bathroom was roomy and clean.

The maintenance man on staff was very friendly and always cleaning something, so much so that it always had a cleaning product smell that was pretty overpowering at times, but you knew it was clean.

The breakfast area was always jammed with people and it was a bit hard getting in and out but as long as you know it going in it was bearable.
The location of the hotel was nice. It was not in the middle of everything so it was quiet. It was a short drive to Pigeon Forge and maybe a 5 minute drive to Gatlinburg if the traffic wasn't bad.

The only real con was the pool and hot tub.
My son got in the hot tub and pool the first day we were there and that was the last time because when he came back his trunks smelled so bad of sulfur it took 2 washes to get the smell out.