“First time stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gatlinburg North
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for first time in March 2014. Very helpful and friendly staff who went above and beyond to make us happy. Well maintained property and the kids loved the indoor pool. Away from the chaos of the town but easy to get to for visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IslandBoy1

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived at this "pit stop" for us very late at night. While the night host at check-in did not seem remotely pleased to be there, we checked in with ease and got into our very comfortable room with no problem. The room was clean and spacious and beds fairly comfortable (for a hotel). We had a room on the back of the building which overlooked a large hill, stream and woods - decent view.

The breakfast buffet was extremely busy, but the staff was fantastic with keeping up with demand and incredibly friendly and even helpful as I brought my two young children (2 and 7) down while my husband got ready for the day. The selection of food was the typical, but of good quality - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, assortment of breads/bagels, cereals, fresh fruit. The juice seemed fresh (not from a can!) and the coffee was great.

Check out was just as seamless.

What we also appreciated about this hotel was it was not on the "main drag" with cheezy touristy spots and chain restaurants that no one enjoys heading into Gatlinburg nor was it right in downtown Gatlinburg. It was right on the edge of heading into "downtown," so it was a quiet night with not a lot of traffic. If we ever return to Gatlinburg for the night, we would definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cmw1013
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am a platinum member of Marriott rewards and I booked this hotel for the weekend with points. I was expecting it to be lower end tham Marriott Courtyards. This hotel was not lower end at all. It was probably the nicest hotel on the strip in Gatlinburg. It was clean, the staff was great and it was a very family oriented place. The complimentary breakfast was superior to most Marriotts and even had fresh biscuits.
I would definitely recommend this if you are heading to Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: They offered me an upgrade and I got the 'executive suite'. It wasn't any larger than t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Based on a personal recommendation and the fact that we like to stay at Hilton properties, we chose the Fairfield Inn and Suites for a mini-vacation in Gatlinburg Tennessee. It was a nice property with plenty of parking, free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast. It has an indoor pool which we utilized in an outdoor pool which was about to open for the season. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops right at their door which makes visits downtown both convenient and inexpensive.
This hotel is located on the main road that goes to one direction, to Pigeon Forge, and the other direction to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We did both.

Unfortunately, we were in Gatlinburg pre-season when most of the attractions and shows are only open on weekends. We didn’t depart one day early but at no-fault of the hotel. If we find ourselves in Gatlinburg in the future, we probably would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raudetra
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel and it was a very pleasant experience. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the room very nice. The king bed was perfect and we slept very well. Each night after dinner we had home made cookies and coffee which was provided by the hotel staff. The breakfast which was also provided was outstanding. This hotel seems to be managed very well and I will certainly go back. They also have a trolley stop to take you to town where parking can be a problem. The cost is only 50 cents.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I came down with two of my children (7 & 18) April 6-April 10. WE had a great time! Having the indoor pool was a plus for our 7 year old. Wish the outdoor pool was open, but with the winter every saw this year, I can understand why it wasn't! The staff was excellent! The suite we had was large and roomy for us! The pullout couch bed was very comfortable swears the 18 year old! Nice to have the trolley stop right outside the hotel. Our 18 year old was able to go into Gatlinburg by herself to explore and shop! I liked the hotel being on the outskirts of town. Great location, easy access, no problems. The breakfast was great! WE all loved the waffle maker! Only complaint, sausage should be fried, not steamed! If we ever make it back to Galinburg this is where we will be staying!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I are Gold Marriott members - so we like to stick to Marriott brand hotels.
The room and facilities were very nice. The room was just as requested. The nice young man at the front desk was very professional and friendly (I believe his name was Harrison)..

Here's the con: Our room was not quite ready but they told us we could put our luggage in anyway, when we arrived at noon on Sunday, 4/13/14, which was very nice!. When we got there 2 men and 1 woman were cleaning that floor. The woman eagerly said she would do our bathroom, we said" we would be back later". Monday evening I looked ALL OVER for my large glass decorative bottle of perfume, it was gone... I thought maybe I left it in a bag in the car, but didn't - it was stolen!!! GRRR I was mad... but my husband said to forget it... so don't bring anything you like with you..

Room Tip: We booked a jacuzzi tub room - very nice and spacious. :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple