“Good value-Nice hotel”

Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Michigan
“Good value-Nice hotel”
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently for pleasure to see the Great Smokey Mountains and it was an ideal location out of the chaos of Pigeon Forge and the entrance into Gatlinburg. Their downtown area was WAY cool, but I was glad we were in that craziness. I would stay at their downtown location next time, but was glad to have a quieter hotel. The only downfall of this hotel was that we were on the third floor facing the front of the hotel and heard service trucks pulling in the front entrance the next morning. I had a big, loud fan and could still hear it.

Overall, the room was recently redecorated, had a nice chair for my husband to kick back in and the service was nice. The continental breakfast was decent, but the seating was quite tight. For a cost around $85, I thought it was nice and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
SC
Reviewed 28 December 2009

This hotel was an excellent choice for my family. It's convenient to both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. The bathroom was LARGE, had a curved shower rod and ad an adjustable shower head, a bonus not found in many hotel chains. The beds were comfy and the place was clean, even the tile/grout in the bathroom. The indoor pool was very small, but my kids didn't seem to mind. The free breakfast was "okay", could have been better, could have been worse. The DIY waffle maker was a hit! My family was well-pleased and would like to stay there again. The winter rate was a reasonable $79/night.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Higginsport, Ohio
Reviewed 1 November 2009

My family and I, spent the nights of 10/23, and 10/24, here, we had an Executive King Suite, room 231, the Bath Tub would not completely drain out, and the box springs were not firm enough, you would wake up in the middle of the bed, and have to climb out. There is 2 TV's in this Suite, both of the same kind, this is basically a 2 room suite, and either remote would make both TV's do what you wanted the one TV to do, which was a real hassle. I talked to house keeping about the tub issue, and she said it has been that way forever, I don't know about you, but I really do not like finding standing water in a Tub.
I thought this was an overpriced room, it could be a great room, but needs these things repaired. I paid $150 a night for this room, and it was over priced. This hotel also needs a Business center, or more than one computer.
On the other hand, the staff, was great, overall, the hotel was very clean, and pleasant to look at, great trolley stop is located on the property, it was very quiet, and Davy Crockett Mini Golf is located beside it.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank earlschieb
ontario, canada
Reviewed 24 October 2009

this hotel was excellent. it was very clean, and the front desk was helpful. I couldn't ask for a better experience. It was by far the best hotel I have stayed at in Gatlinburg

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Our family stayed in a total of 7 rooms at this hotel in August. It was the greatest. It was located away from the downtown area, but still close enough for activities. The is the greatest mini golf located just outside the door and w wonderful pancake restaurant just next door. The indoor/outdoor pool has a great water slide. You could spend the entire vacation day at the hotel

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Seaford, VA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We have been staying at the Fairfield Inn North Gatlinburg for 5 years now. Last year I was a little concerned about the decor showing wear, but the renovations done in the spring of this year fixed everything. Thank you for retaining the same staff, keep them happy. They are great, friendly folks and it makes me feel good that they are still there when I return from year to year. Casey, Linda, Claudette, cleaning and breakfast staff you rock! Nothing is perfect, so my only suggestion would be to expand the breakfast offerings and beware of cob webs on the ceiling (no spider sitings to report).

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My girlfriend and I were celebrated our 1 year anniversary (of dating) and stayed at the Fairfield Inn (Gatlinburg North) for 3 nights in late Sept. 09. She picked the hotel out using online tools based on the price, location, and amenities. We both loved this place.

This hotel is right on the edge of town, leaving Gatlinburg and heading to Pigeon Forge/Sevierville. There is a trolley stop right in the parking lot so getting uptown without driving or walking was a breeze.. we got dropped off right beside the Ripley's Aquarium, which is also AWESOME.

The hotel looked nice on the outside and the inside. The lobby area has a HD television, a computer with Internet access and printer, a telephone, and a breakfast area (complimentary). The breakfast provided such things as: muffins, donut holes, biscuits, a Belgium waffle maker, cereal, juices and milk, and Jimmy Dean's bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches (they were refrigerated and you microwave these).

We had a room with 1 king size bed. The bathroom was spacious and the room had a flat panel LCD television, probably in the 27-30" range. The broadband Internet access worked like a charm. The housekeeping service we received was great and I left them $5 on the pillow each morning because it was spotless.

The hotel has an outdoor pool with a slide. We goofed off on it for a short time but it was a little chilly outside. There is an indoor heated pool that is 5' maximum depth. There is an indoor hottub that had some dirt/sediment on the seating and bottom of it.. needed to be cleaned.

The hotel staff was friendly and the check-in and check-out were effortless and the front desk staff made good recommendations for us.. check out the FlapJacks place next door for some awesome pancakes. I've been to Gatlinburg a ton of times (mainly as a child on family vacation), and if I go back I will definitely give this place another look. Thanks!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple