“Wonderful Weekend”
Review of Riverhouse Motels

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse Motels
Ranked #10 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Boonville, Indiana, United States
“Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We spent last weekend (8/8-8/11) at the Riverhouse. It will become our place of choice. We had such a wonderful experience. The room was large, clean and very homey!!! The in-room breakfast was wonderful and my son was overjoyed with donuts daily. I loved spending time on the balcony and loved the sound of the running river.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Jonesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed there Aug.9th thru Aug.11th.2013, We will come back, the Lady in the office was very nice and helpful, the room was very clean and the bath room sparkled, the breakfast was great, loved the balcony with the great view of the river. This place has made us lifetime customers!! Looking forward to our next visit, hope it is soon!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beverly h
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Older motor lodge with all balconies facing Little River. Takes you back to the seventies. Every area clean. Order breakfast(delivered to your room). Got room with 2 queens. Room was very large with a nice remodeled bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank tiger1064
North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed from July 11-14. The price was very affordable. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean, I really liked the updated bathrooms. The rooms have a great view of the river, and you can relax to the sounds of the river if you leave the balcony door open. It is a very convenient location we walked to Ripleys Aquarium and to all the shops and restaurants we went to. They also have a good continental breakfast. I have no complaints at all with this motel!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, overlooking the river was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank crinkles86
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We took our granddaughter to Gatlinberg and stayed here based on a friend's recommendation. Although an older facility, we will be staying there again in August with another granddaughter !!! Hospitality and homemade donuts were the best. No road noise- only the sound of a mountain stream right off your balcony!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank melanie s
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We will definitely stay here again the rooms are huge the beds are the most comfortable ive ever slept on at a motel
The staff is wonderful the location is the best .all rooms have private balconys over looking the river .this is my new favorate motel

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Jorgapr
Centerville, Indiana
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My parents and I decided to take a trip to Gatlinburg. We haven't been in years. My parents, 81 and 78, wanted to stay at Riverhouse because this is where we would stay when we would go as a family. We stayed here last 24 years ago. We've tried staying other places (I like to swim so if it isn't summer, I would stay somewhere with an indoor pool) but nothing compares to the privacy and home like feeling of Riverhouse. We had a wonderful time. I was able to swim everyday and many times had the pool to myself because the hours are 8:30 to 10:30. Many hotels have a much shorter swim time. The pool is off the street - so many in Gatlinburg aren't so you have everyone walking down the street watching. I met a very nice couple and one of them had never been to Gatlinburg before (I know, hard to believe) and he was very impressed with the price and the accommodations. His wife had been before, years ago, but never to the Riverhouse. I can't wait to come back to the Riverhouse and it will not be another 24 years! I promise!

Room Tip: My parents are 78 and 81 and my mom uses a cane most of the time, my dad some. My mom made the reser...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family