“Quiet and close to park”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse at the Park
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Been going to the smoky's for 52 years . This was my first year staying at Riverhouse Park. Loved it! Small breakfast brought to room. Great coffee. Room was large with all the amenities you need. Has a fireplace. Heated pool. I loved the location Right next to park. Walked the gatlinburg trail which was a stones throw from the motel. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank retiredandtraveling2

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Yes the room looks a little dated when you first walk in. But you son realize tbat's part of the country charm. Our bed was comfortable. Bathroom was the cleanest I've ever seen and I've stayed at some high end hotels. Heaters in the bathroom and Jacuzzi tub.. ahhhhh...loved it! Flat screen tv with HD. Wireless internet. Very roomy. We had a balcony/porch that overlooked the creek. Which sound like rapids! The sound is very soothing and the creek beautifil to look at. Small breakfast included. Donuts are dee-lish. (Microwave them about 15 secs!) Coffe is fresh ground and orange juice sweet. And I swear, room service was at our door within A minute of me ordering! Front desk made me fresh coffee in the afternoon and still had donuts. Coke machine, ice, snacks closeby.They also have shampoo type items, which are not in the room. Microwave, frig, hair dryer and iron. And we used them all. Parking great right in front of our door. We walked everywhere. We love it here and will return again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for one that has the wireless thingy right outside your room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Although the rooms are a bit outdated, they're SO comfortable and clean!! They're large, have a fire place, a great deck on the river, and amazing homemade doughnuts and coffee delivered to your door each morning. The water pressure in the shower is also great! You can't beat the location either. We walked everywhere!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was forced to cancel due to injury. I was informed that I would lose my deposit, since cancellation was due noon the day before. All the cancellation notice said was 7 days.
Will not be making reservations here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beadwooly
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The exterior and lobby must have undergone a facelift to make this Inn appear upscale. The rooms are a throwback to the 70's, but not necessarily in a bad way. Unlike your normal cookie-cutter motel room, they are big, with a gas-fireplace thrown in and a nice balcony to sit.. Lots of brown colours and wood panelling makes the rooms really dark. Beds were so-so. There is a view of the "river", but unfortunately, you're also staring directly across into condo's on the other side. Had to have the drapes closed for privacy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank shoxgdp
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here last year and loved it so we requested the same room, 101, that is on the end with a view of the Little Pigeon river. It wasn't available but we got the room above it, 201. It was just as good. Close to the Parkway street action and easy access to SMNP. The room was very clean and well maintained with a great fireplace and bed. Ordering a breakfast of juice, coffee, hot chocolate and donuts or toast that is delivered to your room in minutes is a phone call away. The rooms seem to be sound proof from the adjoining rooms. Extra cost for a river view was well worth it in my opinion. We really lucked out because the fall foliage was peaking during the time we were there during the last week of October.
One thing that kept me from giving an excellent rating was that during my first visit last year I found that due to the way the bathroom was laid out, there is no light in the shower. The shower curtain is very thick and opaque so when it's closed you end up having to shower in the dark. I told the front desk about this and they said that it will be corrected. Now with our second visit, nothing has changed. Showering in the dark isn't a big deal but it would be so easy to fix with a transparent shower curtain. I will be back though.

Room Tip: Rooms 101, 201 or 301 are on the end with a great view of the falls and river from the room and balc...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MountainMurf
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great location on the outskirts of town in a safe and secluded area. Absolutely clean and spacious with lodge -like furnishings which add to the charm. Great water pressure makes the shower an exhilarating experience. Close to traffic light #10 on a street parallel to main drag. Lots of restaurants close by, plus an easy 2 mile trail through the woods to the park. Did I mention very comfortable beds and sound-proof walls? Pay a little extra for a room with a balcony overlooking a river creek. Pleasant employees. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013