We've been staying at Riverhouse for many years, and have seen a generally decline in their customer service skills. In fact, issues at our most recent stay will encourage us to look elsewhere in the future.
Cannot complain about the cleanliness here, as that has never been an issue. However, the rooms need obvious updating...which may be the cause of many of our complaints.
1. No heat in the bathrooms. Sure, there's a little blower that can be turned on, but realy doesn't do the trick
2. The shower head was obviously broken, which any cleaning person should have noticed. Instead, one is left to hold the shower head in one hand just so that the water stream doesn't run down the wall
3. Toilet wouldn't flush completely, even if there was just liquid and paper in the bowl
4. Refidgerator is very old, with no thermostat. We had a bottle of Cola in there for 15 hours and it was just as warm when we took it out
5. We paid for a jacuzzi room, yet half of the jets didn't work
6. Continental breakfast to be delivered to the room? I called 20 minutes before the end of breakfast, and only got a dial tone. When I called the office, she said 'Oh, they've turned their phone off. I'll try to reach them for you'. That's 20 minutes early!!
Are these all problems that could be fixed? Absolutely! However, when we addressed all of these at checkout, we didn't even get an apology or any type of condolences at all. Really? You can't even say that you're sorry for inconveniences, even if you don't offer to make it right?
One last thing-don't plan on having a relaxing stay here. The handyman started hammering in the parking lot before 0700 on a Saturday morning. How's that for customer relations?
- Also Known As:
- Riverhouse At The Park Hotel Gatlinburg
- Riverhouse At The Park Gatlinburg