“Never again!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riverhouse at the Park
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We've been staying at Riverhouse for many years, and have seen a generally decline in their customer service skills. In fact, issues at our most recent stay will encourage us to look elsewhere in the future.
Cannot complain about the cleanliness here, as that has never been an issue. However, the rooms need obvious updating...which may be the cause of many of our complaints.
1. No heat in the bathrooms. Sure, there's a little blower that can be turned on, but realy doesn't do the trick
2. The shower head was obviously broken, which any cleaning person should have noticed. Instead, one is left to hold the shower head in one hand just so that the water stream doesn't run down the wall
3. Toilet wouldn't flush completely, even if there was just liquid and paper in the bowl
4. Refidgerator is very old, with no thermostat. We had a bottle of Cola in there for 15 hours and it was just as warm when we took it out
5. We paid for a jacuzzi room, yet half of the jets didn't work
6. Continental breakfast to be delivered to the room? I called 20 minutes before the end of breakfast, and only got a dial tone. When I called the office, she said 'Oh, they've turned their phone off. I'll try to reach them for you'. That's 20 minutes early!!

Are these all problems that could be fixed? Absolutely! However, when we addressed all of these at checkout, we didn't even get an apology or any type of condolences at all. Really? You can't even say that you're sorry for inconveniences, even if you don't offer to make it right?

One last thing-don't plan on having a relaxing stay here. The handyman started hammering in the parking lot before 0700 on a Saturday morning. How's that for customer relations?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoxViews

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We just got back from spending ten nights at Riverhouse at the Park. It was our first time, but we think it will now be our place to stay in Gatlinburg. The room was very large, clean, and quiet, and had two upholstered chairs--one with an ottoman. The bathroom had plenty of space to dress in, a whirlpool tub with a shower, and a second sink outside of the bathroom. Towels and washcloths looked brand new. The bed was firm and comfortable, but the pillows were very lumpy, so I will take my own the next time. It was a treat to have coffee, OJ, and donuts delivered to our room every morning by the friendly staff, too. We absolutely loved the private balcony over the river, and there were enough trees between us and the motel across the river to provide a sense of privacy. We really liked the quiet location, which is just outside of the park, but only one block to the main drag. You will be at the very end of the strip, though, not that we minded. We totally recommend this motel and we can't wait to return there on our next visit to the beautiful Smokies!

Room Tip: We only saw one elevator, which was at the opposite end from our room (202), but you could still use...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just love this hotel! Always quiet, clean and comfortable with exceptional service. Even though we had to leave for our hikes each morning before they began breakfast service they made sure we had fresh coffee and donuts to get us started. We highly recommend it!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judy I
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at this hotel and I will have to say it will not be our last stay. The rooms are very clean, spacious, and quiet. The tub was huge!
Location was important to us. We did a lot of day hiking in the mountain and it was great to know as soon as we were out of the park we had arrived at the hotel. In addition it was within walking distance of downtown.
Staff... Very friendly and the in room breakfast was great. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

we have stayed here several times over the last several yrs. very relaxing place. luv the rooms overlooking the river. the whirlpool tubs in the rooms are awesome. the fireplaces are romantic and just the whole atmosphere of the rooms are country and cozy.

Room Tip: the river view rooms are the better choice for the view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 28 December 2013

At first my husband complained about the dated room, and a few things closed in the area. although it was only a minute's walk to the main strip. But I thoroughly enjoyed its quiet location on the end of the strip near the Park View Grill restaurant and trail to the park. We just got a normal motel room but I loved being over the roaring creek below our balcony, the giant tub with jets, really nice and long to relax in after a day of shopping. I also loved the gas log fireplace and the pool looked nice for summer. I don't think I would have liked an actual whirlpool room since it didn't look out over the creek. The tub with jets was nice and long in the regular motel room. The doughnuts delivered to your door in the morning quickly with orange juice or hot chocolate and coffee were a great touch. We ordered in one night from a local pizza place Luigis that was awfully good if a bit pricey. There were several restaurants close by on the strip. The pancake pantry was good, but we absolutely loved Calhouns. My husband liked the barbecue and I liked the chef salad and the prime rib sandwiches. We enjoyed just shopping up and down the strip, going to the aquarium and eating good food. One tip, if you go to pigeon forge on a saturday might want to wait until after six thirty to get back to gatlinburg as the road is very crowded in the late afternoon. Theres a back way you can go into gatlinburg, but I had forgotten it. I loved this place and we'll be back for another relaxing trip. Oh and once I had to let the hot water run awhile, but it got nice and hot, and was quick after that.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if your room is over the creek if you like to look at it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sswingfieldky
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Been going to the smoky's for 52 years . This was my first year staying at Riverhouse Park. Loved it! Small breakfast brought to room. Great coffee. Room was large with all the amenities you need. Has a fireplace. Heated pool. I loved the location Right next to park. Walked the gatlinburg trail which was a stones throw from the motel. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013