“Great Craft School” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts

Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts
More attraction details
Owner description: Everything from furniture making and woodturning to pottery and marbling is taught at this comprehensive 50-year-old arts and crafts school geared to all ages and skill levels.
Arlington, Virginia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Great Craft School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

This is a great place to learn more about your chosen art form from excellent instructors or to explore a new craft. I've taken several pottery classes there and thoroughly enjoyed them. Great location right near Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Pat D

Ft Wayne
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful handcrafted pieces”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

So many beautiful handmade pieces designed by the regions artists. Prices seemed reasonable for the skill and effort put in creating the pieces.

Toronto Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to advance your craft!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was my first visit to Arrowmont, or for that matter to Tennessee, too. I loved the place! I learned a lot in my short time there. Accommodations were plain, but I had all I needed and everything was very clean and well maintained. The homestyle food was great. I particularly enjoyed meeting folks from all over the country, and learning from them as well as the instructor. I'll certainly go again. And next time, I'll arrive a day early and stay at least a day later. There's a lot to explore in that part of the country.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank KatyaTorontoCanada
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great place to learn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I've taken four week-long classes here over the past few years. Each has significantly added to my enjoyment of art/craft. The rooms and atmosphere are excellent. Even the food is pretty good. I recommend Arrowmont without reservation.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank swanwalk5
Sevierville
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Arrowmont is a work of art!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This wonderful school of arts and crafts has something for every age group to learn. Whether its pottery to metal, glass to wood, painting to textiles, Arrowmont can teach you about the craft you always wanted to try. Weekend and week long classes are great for the tourists visiting our area while the community classes are a bargain for the locals. I have enjoyed every minute here.

Visited February 2012