“Had fun at this novel idea.”

Ripley's Moving Theater
Ranked #45 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It’s going to be a bumpy ride. Better strap on your seat belts for this seriously REAL-D 5D Moving Theater experience. Our state of the art theater with digital effects and motions seats will have you feeling like you’re in the movie! Bump, dip, and shake your way through our Roadhoggers and Winter Wipeout adventures. We advise expectant mothers and people with certain medical conditions not to ride this ride. Fun for a date night, or a trip with the entire family, but hold on tight!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking
Appleton, WI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Had fun at this novel idea.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

it was an interesting experience. Might try it again. The value was just OK. Would like it more if the ride was longer or the cost was less.

Visited October 2013

Kankakee, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It was okay...”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

It was okay. It was a bit overpriced and short for the money but my 10 year old loved it. I thought that the movement seemed a little out of sync with the movie.

Greenville, South Carolina
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Fun, but...”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a fun little attraction and a cool thing to do if you have the Ripleys package and have never done it before. My son and I have done all the motion theater rides and find some much more fun than others. When we have gone, there are two different movies of about 7 minutes or so each. I would say if you have never done a motion theater, or its your thing, go for it and have some fun. If you compare this to Disney/Universal, or expect a high end experience like those parks you will be disappointed. However its fun so try it if you haven't and decide for yourself...

Visited November 2012
1 Thank music_fanatic1
Cohutta
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Blah......”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We visited this as part of the Ripley's combo package we purchased. You think it is going to be a cool virtual ride like those at Universal, but it isn't. There are two rides to sit through and they are both over in a few minutes. The only one out of our group that enjoyed it was my 7 year old son. The movement of the seats didn't seem to coincide with the movie to me at all. Just a bunch of jerky movements. Definitely needed to pick a different attraction.

Visited October 2013
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
7 attraction reviews
“ok”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

It was ok for what it was. I purchased a ticket for three attractions. Thinking I was getting a good deal and maybe it would have been had I chosen to do something else. I went to the Aquarium and the Haunted Adventure, a then this the Moving Theater. Were I would sing on the roof top for people to go to the Aquarium, I would not even tell others to go to the this or the Haunted Adventure.
It had vending machine but it didn't have a water fountain or bathrooms. And plus it didn't last long for what you pay.

Visited September 2013