“SAVE YOUR MONEY!!”

Ripley's Moving Theater
Ranked #48 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It’s going to be a bumpy ride. Better strap on your seat belts for this seriously REAL-D 5D Moving Theater experience. Our state of the art theater with digital effects and motions seats will have you feeling like you’re in the movie! Bump, dip, and shake your way through our Roadhoggers and Winter Wipeout adventures. We advise expectant mothers and people with certain medical conditions not to ride this ride. Fun for a date night, or a trip with the entire family, but hold on tight!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you are looking for a great place to waste time and money, this is it.. My wife and I did it was disappointing to see 2 extremely short clips while being thrown and jostled around in a chair not to mention sprayed in the face every few seconds.Definitely not worth the high price they want for it!! We will not be back for this one!!

3  Thank Petermans

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I am one who has motion sickness but I have been able to do this twice however if you do get motion sickness do give it a second thought if you want to do this or not. It is pricey but it can be fun. 5D is pretty cool so you might want to give it a try. There are seats that don't move but what fun is that.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We loved the ride, it was very fun! the downside is the short length of it, but I believe it was worth the money to experience it atleast once. It is very unique and fun plus it made my fiance' very happy!!!!

1  Thank usmc_mma
Mark I, Manager at Ripley's Moving Theater, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank your for the kind review! I am very happy that you enjoyed the experience! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

It was cool but did not enjoy getting sprayed in the face with water every few minutes. There were 2 short movies that were pretty cute, probably would not recommend for elderly, people with back injuries, or small children because it does toss you around quite a bit. Saw a few youngsters walk out of there crying, not sure why though. It wasn't scary just a little rough and short.

1  Thank Jade W
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The movie was very different. We have never been in a 5D movie. The price was to much for the 15 mins you got to see movie. We will not do it again.

1  Thank Cindy B