“I've visited Star Cars several times and love the place.”

Hollywood Star Cars Museum
Ranked #15 of 111 things to do in Gatlinburg
South Eastern USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I've visited Star Cars several times and love the place.”
Reviewed 1 February 2008

They do change some of the cars out seasonally, but I do enjoy seeing the cars. If you want to see my pictures at Star Cars, visit my page on Star Cars at http://www.chaserl.com/starcars

1 Thank chaserl

west TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Enjoyable fun”
Reviewed 17 October 2007

We enjoyed the displays and took pictures of all the cars...It was really quite fun...

1 Thank Ronicat
Delaware
508 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,809 helpful votes
“Nice exhibits”
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My husband is really into cars, so we decided to hit the Hollywood Star Cars Musuem on the main strip in downtown Gatlinburg. They had the General Lee there. Some others include: Anna Nicole's Jag, the batmobile, Bandit from Smoky &the Bandit, the flintstone's car, the ghostbuster's Ecto, the beach boys car, one of elvis's cars, the days of thunder nascar, Herbie the love bug, the back to the future delorean, grandpa munster's car, the jurassic park truck, mayberry's police car and Kit from Knightrider. They had a few more, but these are the ones that I remember most.

The cars were nicely displayed with educational plaques nearby. Some had tv screens next to them showing scenes from the show/movie and/or playing songs from the soundtrack. There was a nice introductory short film at the very beginning of the tour. There are also some stations where you can quiz yourself on related trivia. There are props from some of the films as well as the cars. You can have your picture taken (by the museum staff) in the General Lee for an additional fee OR you can take a picture (with your own camera) of your friends/family in the flinstone's car for free.

My favorite car had to be the back to the future time machine--the DeLorean!! The backdrop for it was set up to look like the town with the clocktower & a full size cutout of Doc. They were playing the song back in time from the movie. They also had a few props from Back to the Future like the hoverboard. So, if you are a Michael J Fox fan OR Back to the Future fan---or just plain love DeLoreans-->this is a nice treat for you. Bandit and the Ghostbuster's Ecto are runners up in my favorites from this museum.

All-in-all I would say the museum was nice. My husband enjoyed it & that was what mattered most. I enjoyed many of the cars myself, so that was a plus. The short film at the beginning was interesting and Im glad we went. The only disappointing factor was that there was a picture of Stephen King's Christine (fury) in the brochure--and when we got there--all they had was the front end of the car. But other than that, the cars were all pretty nice.

Note: If you are going to JUST see the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard--skip this museum and go straight to Cooter's Place at the other end of the parkway. You can see the General Lee and a few other cars from the Dukes of Hazzard there for FREE...in addition to the unofficial Dukes of Hazzard "museum".

3 Thank daisyferret1
North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not too bad”
Reviewed 11 February 2007

Visited in March 2006, with my Boyfriend. He thought it was really cool, but I had a good time myself.

(My favorite part was the DeLorean from Back to the Future!)

The place was actually larger than I expected, and had some really neat cars, many of them are listed on the website.

They also have lots of information on the various movies and other movie props.

The website has cupons for $2 off admission, and regular price is ADULT - $11.99
CHILD (6- 12) - $6.99
Under 6 FREE

This isn't the best attraction ever, but if you're really into movies/cars, I would consider it a place to go.

2 Thank Britney P
A TripAdvisor Member
“If you realy like cars...”
Reviewed 5 March 2006

This was one of our first stops on our recent trip to Gatlinburg. In one of our visitor packets we received a brochure of the Star Cars museum and my son and husband were excited about certain cars they had on display.

My son, who is only 2, is obsessed with all things Batman and you guessed it they have the Batmobile!
My husband on the other hand has a Bandit edition Trans Am from the movie Smokey & The Bandit and was thrilled to get a chance to see the real one!

Overall though I was not impressed. The place was smaller than I expected and very dark in some areas. The Batmobile exhibit was well done but so dark you really couldnt enjoy it, especially a 2 year old who isnt fond of the dark!

My girls were less impressed and couldn't wait to leave.

After looking at the brochure, I felt a little let down and had higher expectations.

If there is a particular car there that you are dying to see (like my husband..I am sure his review would be great!) then I say go for it, if not I would save the money there are so many better attractions in the area!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member