“Could have been better for the price...”

Hollywood Star Cars Museum
Ranked #17 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 18 May 2008

I thought this museum would be the equivalence of the wax museum, lots to see. I was wrong. I'm giving this three stars instead of two because my boyfriend thought it was better than I did. There aren't that many cars to see & I didn't feel that what I saw was that impressive. In one area if you didn't move the lights would go out, so little time for a picture. All in all, I think if there were more cars it would have been better. To me, I don't feel it was worth the price.

1  Thank cabinkat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed 7 April 2008

It was a fun time.A little pricey but you can get a $2 coupon off the internet. We liked looking at all the cars.

Reviewed 1 February 2008

They do change some of the cars out seasonally, but I do enjoy seeing the cars. If you want to see my pictures at Star Cars, visit my page on Star Cars at http://www.chaserl.com/starcars

1  Thank chaserl
Reviewed 17 October 2007

We enjoyed the displays and took pictures of all the cars...It was really quite fun...

1  Thank Ronicat
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My husband is really into cars, so we decided to hit the Hollywood Star Cars Musuem on the main strip in downtown Gatlinburg. They had the General Lee there. Some others include: Anna Nicole's Jag, the batmobile, Bandit from Smoky &the Bandit, the flintstone's car, the ghostbuster's Ecto, the beach boys car, one of elvis's cars, the days of thunder nascar, Herbie the love bug, the back to the future delorean, grandpa munster's car, the jurassic park truck, mayberry's police car and Kit from Knightrider. They had a few more, but these are the ones that I remember most.

The cars were nicely displayed with educational plaques nearby. Some had tv screens next to them showing scenes from the show/movie and/or playing songs from the soundtrack. There was a nice introductory short film at the very beginning of the tour. There are also some stations where you can quiz yourself on related trivia. There are props from some of the films as well as the cars. You can have your picture taken (by the museum staff) in the General Lee for an additional fee OR you can take a picture (with your own camera) of your friends/family in the flinstone's car for free.

My favorite car had to be the back to the future time machine--the DeLorean!! The backdrop for it was set up to look like the town with the clocktower & a full size cutout of Doc. They were playing the song back in time from the movie. They also had a few props from Back to the Future like the hoverboard. So, if you are a Michael J Fox fan OR Back to the Future fan---or just plain love DeLoreans-->this is a nice treat for you. Bandit and the Ghostbuster's Ecto are runners up in my favorites from this museum.

All-in-all I would say the museum was nice. My husband enjoyed it & that was what mattered most. I enjoyed many of the cars myself, so that was a plus. The short film at the beginning was interesting and Im glad we went. The only disappointing factor was that there was a picture of Stephen King's Christine (fury) in the brochure--and when we got there--all they had was the front end of the car. But other than that, the cars were all pretty nice.

Note: If you are going to JUST see the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard--skip this museum and go straight to Cooter's Place at the other end of the parkway. You can see the General Lee and a few other cars from the Dukes of Hazzard there for FREE...in addition to the unofficial Dukes of Hazzard "museum".

3  Thank daisyferret1