“Great find!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great find!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently ate at Crystelle Creek one night on our family vacation. The food was good except for my spaghetti, it taste like they boiled the pasta and poured a can of tomato paste over the pasta, no taste at all. But everyone else liked their orders. We loved the live music and the lighted trees outside,,,very impressive! We had intended to go back but our time ran out!

• Visited June 2014

Wellington, Florida
“Dinner”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went to Crystelle Creek Restaurant for my birthday during a recent vacation and this place did not disappoint! Our steaks were cooked to perfection. We went on a night that there was live entertainment, I could have stayed all night!

Visited June 2014
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Trying somewhere new to us.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Our family this year we have been trying to support more businesses away from downtown Gatlinburg. We chose Crystelle Creek a try. The staff were friendly and did a great job keeping our drinks filled. The atmosphere was pleasant. The live music was just the right volume, not so loud you couldn't have a conversation with others. The food was excellent. The only thing that I could say could be better would be the temperature of the food coming from the kitchen. Our food was a bit cool but not so much we couldn't eat it. Prices were average for a tourist area and the economy. I have dined and paid way more at other establishments. At Crystelle Creek it appears they use fresh veggies and good quality ingredients. So don't expect dollar menu prices.

Clayton, Ohio
“Must experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Depending on where you are staying, it is a little out of the way. It is located near the arts and craft community. We have eaten at Crystelle Creek on numerous visits to the Smokeys. The ambiance is relaxed and comfortable. The service is exceptionally prompt and personable.. The menu items are varied and we have never had an item that did not satisfy. Well, there was the peanut butter bacon cake last year that I would not order again. Honestly, everything about the Crystelle Creek is a pleasure to experience. Our waitress even remembered our visit from last year. When you go, dine on the side of the restaurant with the live music. The music is soft 60, 70 and 80s classic rock. The performer is very engaging with the diners.

Visited June 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“"Average, pricey food, horrible customer service"”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family decided to dine at this venue for a reunion on 6/20/2014. We had a party of approximately 35 people that we reserved for. The curb appeal of the establishment was appeasing, however, it went all downhill from there. We were instructed to seat individuals that were to be billed together in close proximity to each other, no problem. However, it became painfully obvious that the staff was overwhelmed. Orders came out wrong, if at all. Bread was served after the entree's came out. My grand daughter's chicken finger order came out after every one else was already eating.( I fed her off of a cousins plate until her order came out) The food was on par with Shoney's. One of my relatives had a coupon for her table of three that they would not honor,(the only stipulation on the coupon was that it be printed out) and to add insult to injury, when we received our bills, a gratuity of 20% was HAND written in on the tip line. This "policy" was not relayed when the reservation was made and, considering the service rendered, something of a joke. I understand that it's a given when one dines out, that you are paying for the cook, dishwasher, hostess etc. It is why you pay $20 dollars for a plate of popcorn shrimp with "special" sauce on it. But, it is also understood that I am paying for said service. This establishment made a handsome profit that evening while giving nothing, not even the service that they were compensated for. As I stated before, you will be better off going to Shoney's. The food is on the same level and you at least won't have to be concerned about slow service and clueless management concerned only with profit and not customer service.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank David N
crystellecreek, Owner at Crystelle Creek Restaurant and Grill, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I feel I need to address your concerns as some were addressed at the time of your booking. We take great pride in our restaurant and accommodating many different types of occasions but we never except coupons for booked Venues this helps us to provide and reserve a large part of our restaurant free of charge, and afford cost for extra staff (your booking party was told it would be menu pricing) we also express a limited menu is a better option then off the menu when trying to plate this many people at one time (the booking party did not want to limit the menu). On any booked large party we suggest and say at the time of booking that a 20 % gratuity is suggested as it states in print on the receipt, gratuity is never mandatory. When told the coupon would not be excepted there was unacceptable language used by that family member and at that time our manager walked away in order not to disrupt the rest of your party and others sitting near by. I was told by many of the family members as they where leaving they had a great time and thought food and service was excellent and thanked us.