“The Old Fashioned Soda You MUST TRY!!!!”

Glades Soda Fountain
Ranked #7 of 15 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Burlington, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Old Fashioned Soda You MUST TRY!!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Most of these reviews mention the ice cream and malts and shakes. For the real Soda experience I feel that the Black and White or the White and Black or any of the other Old Fashioned Ice Cream Sodas are a MUST TRY! Ice cream, malts and shakes can be found in many places but the Handmade Sodas are hard to find and I have not found any to come close to the Quality of those at Glades Soda Fountain. My wife and I travel from Kansas to Gatlinburg usually twice a year and this is a must stop, usually 2 or 3 times in our week long stay.

1 Thank Dan L

Nashville, Tennessee
“Black Cow”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I thought only my mother made them, then I followed her example. This one was great with a whole lot of ice cream -- really hit the spot. Nice friendly service as well.

Beaumont, Texas
“Closed”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Planned to visit while on our vacation to the Gatlinburg area but when we arrived at 5pm on Thursday it was closed. Apparently they keep bankers hours. There were no hours posted on the door. I suggest calling before hand to make sure they are opened. We had are hearts set on trying the root beer floats but were out of luck.

1 Thank Cruz6797
Lenexa, Kansas
“Best Experience of Our Vacation.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The best part of life is the fun. That is what this place is all about. Without question our kids enjoy this the most. We promised two trips here this year. Old Fashioned fun. Great tasting and an owner who enjoys the time as much as the guests. A real treat to see a real soda made. Good luck finding anything close to this anywhere else.

Treat yourself and smile. Guaranteed Fun!

Takoma Park, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Orange Dreamsickle Shake- Yummy!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were hot and tired. How refreshing to find this old fashioned soda fountain! The decor and equipment took me back to the 1960s. I had an Orange Dreamsickle Shake that was cool and refreshing. The owners make their own syrups, so this was the real deal. Served with whipped cream and a cherry in an old fashioned glass. I'll be sure to stop by again!