“Nothing Fancy Just Good Good”
Review of Hungry Bear BBQ #2

Hungry Bear BBQ #2
Ranked #75 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Probably our best dinner at Gatlinburg. Nothing fancy here but good BBQ at very good prices. Away from the busy strip with free parking.

1  Thank Nascarrob

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Read lots of great reviews, decided to try it. Was surprised we were only ones there, but five minutes later the place was filled and line went out the door. Delicious BBQ, home style seating, and clean restrooms. Tasted like you want BBQ to taste. Pleasant change from the 100s of chain restaurants in gatlinburg/pigeon forge area.

1  Thank D-Nicer
Reviewed 6 April 2014

So we've been coming to Gatlinburg for years and have never been here. It was recommended to us by a friend and we finally took the time to stop and so glad we did! Now I've read a few of the other reviews and agree that the dining room is not exactly sanitary or air conditioned, but we had already decided to take ours to go - which is what I recommend! You get a great helping of the price. My husband and I both ordered the dinner combo - he had brisket and I pork and both were very good. We ordered the beans - they were okay - it would be nice if they added some of their sweet BBQ sauce to it - that would make them outstanding!! We also ordered corn on the cob as our 2nd side - it was normal. I do have to say we loved their Sweet BBQ sauce!!! It was delicious!! Now this is their 2nd location we've never been to the first and I do want to say the owner just opened another restaurant which looked nice from the outside off the 8th light in Gatlinburg - called BONES. We'll probably definitely try that on our next visit!!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We drove by this little blue house at least 10 times before we stopped and taste tested their marvelous smoked menu. We love authentic local foods. We stopped near closing time @ 8:00 and found that they had sold out of the brisket and that's a very good sign. So we bought pork & chicken and thought it was DELICIOUS .. moist & very yummy. They have 3 locations in Gatlinburg and selling out of their specialty .. better stop & try it ! As I mentioned before, we drove by .. smelled it, but didn't see it.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

A bit disappointed and not the most sanitary! Brisket or ribs, not the chicken! Cold and grease. Wife kept kissing the cook,gross .