“good not great”

No Way Jose's
Ranked #32 of 194 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Okauchee, Wisconsin
“good not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

After driving all day and not wanting to fight traffic, we stopped at No Way Jose. We liked the look of the outside bar which was inviting. We were told the menus were different (less choices) if we wanted to eat outside, we ate inside. If you're really thirsty for a margarita and your eyes are not bigger than your stomach, order the jumbo. It was one of the biggest glasses I have seen a margarita served in.

The food was good to average, our server (who's name was Jose) was very good and attentive.

Visited May 2014

“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My family of four ate here on Memorial Day. We were seated immediately and served chips/salsa. Once our order was taken, it didn't take long to get our food. We all loved our dishes. The only thing we did not like was waiting for our check after we ate.

“Plastic wrap in burrito”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We were on vacation and decided to check this place out. My daughter ordered a burrito and once she started eating it she pulled out a piece of plastic. It was made inside her burrito. I brought it to the waiters attention and they brought another nd said they wouldn't charge. But when bill came it was still on there. I told him it wasn't supposed to be on there he said that we had to pay Bc they brought a New one. I said it shouldn't have been in there In the first place and as a courtesy we shouldn't be charged. He acted as if he didn't understand english all of a sudden. We will never go back there again! !

Tampa, Florida
“Slightly disappointed in food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We decided to stop here to eat during our stay in Gatlinburg. My wife ordered a burrito and I ordered the appetizer wings, as I'm not a huge Mexican food person. My wife's meal was good, not great, as were my wings which were a little overcooked, but the sauce was very good. We were surprised that they did not offer complimentary chips and salsa. We ordered the appetizer guacamole and chips and enjoyed it.

The view from the outside porch is nice since you can see the water. Our server was not attentive and we ran low on drinks throughout the meal.

• Visited May 2014
Western North Carolina
“What A HUGE Disappointment!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had spent all day at Ripley's Aquarium and our son was getting hungry so we decided to walk across the street and try this place. We LOVE Mexican food. We have a slight obsession with it actually. Every weekend we go to our local favorite Mexican restaurant. We were hoping and praying this one would not disappoint and we could have a great Mexican place to go on our vacation instead of having to wait til we got home. Well....they sitted us promptly. We asked what the waiter recommended and he said fajitas. The chips are supposedly made in house. Well there were nothing to brag about. It was like any other chip you get at the grocery store. They only had one kind of salsa to dip it in. It was pretty good and fresh just a little watery for a chunky salsa. We are use to having a salsa bar with all kinds of freshly made salsas. The waiter was attentive and nice. We ordered the fajitas for two. The steak, chicken, and shrimp combo. It was basically like going to Chili's and ordering their fajitas. It was nothing special. The shrimp was over cooked. The steak was good and not chewy like some places have it. I couldn't even eat all of it...I just couldn't down any more of it. Our son had a burrito which he just couldn't eat. I tried it and I could see why. When your use to having really good Mexican its kind of hard to accept any other. His burrito came with fries he did eat those. Our fajitas came with just so so rice and runny refried beans which was nothing but beans mashed with some chipotle in it. The price was ridiculous. I couldn't believe we just paid for a Mexican meal that was less than mediocre for the price of a decent steak dinner. I was so disappointed and upset. I will never be back to that place. They won't get my hard earned money again.

• Visited May 2014