“Sorry I never came here sooner!”
Review of No Way Jose's

No Way Jose's
Ranked #32 of 201 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had seen this restaurant many times before, and I am afraid to say I always assumed it was a tourist trap. MAN was that a mistake. We went this past weekend on the recommendation of a friend and of another woman we met at our resort, and we could not have been more pleased. It is actually some of the best Mexican food I have had. The service was fantastic, the manager even came by to ask if everything was going well, and I was actually sorry that I didn't have room for dessert! I highly recommend the flautas (I can't eat onions so they fixed it with grilled chicken for me) and the boom boom poppers – WOW! My boyfriend got the chicken and steak fajitas and was equally impressed. The Pigeon Forge location was actually closer to where we were staying, but I enjoyed being at the original location and watching the ducks from the window!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,108)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I have eaten here a few times over the past few years, and most recently ate here during a short trip to the mountains over Memorial Day weekend. Our server and the hostess were very friendly and the atmosphere is great. My husband and I absolutely love their salsa - it's so fresh. My meal was pretty good, not my favorite but pretty good. It was nice to sit by a window and watch the ducks swimming by outside while we ate dinner.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

On Friday night we were able to park next to the restaurant and when we went in the hostess seated us in a booth overlooking the river. Our server came quickly and took our orders. He brought out chips and wonderful salsa that seemed to be homemade. Music was playing but not so loud to drown out conversation. I don't understand why some restaurants have music blaring. Thank you Jose for making our visit pleasant. Our dinners came hot and were large portions. My chicken burrito had a nice amount of chicken. The mesa was delicious and I could have eaten more. My husband wanted queso for his burrito and our server brought out a small cup - just enough for the meal and a reasonable charge of $1.00. We cleaned our plates and we will return.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Our party of 6 was seated right away on a Saturday evening, which was nice. The salsa was very fresh and we had very good and fast service. Large portions too. The only complaint I have is their use of yellow Monterey Jack cheese in foods such as tacos and enchiladas rather than the white used at many Mexican restaurants. It just gives a different flavor. If you prefer that, then this is your place.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Place is nasty. They must already had their food prepared as soon as we ordered and the waiter left it was right out. I've never seen food served that quickly. The beans were terrible, the meat also terrible and the taste was aweful. My wife ordered a mixed drink and the drink was so watered down there was no alcohol in the drink. Will not eat there again. People smoke outside and the smell is nasty when you walk in the front door and back out again.