“Peddler hits a homerun again!”

The Peddler Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg TN, The Peddler Steakhouse is literally built upon tradition. Families continue to return from one generation to the next. We invite you to start a new dining tradition with us.
Kingston, Tennessee
“Peddler hits a homerun again!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have visited Peddler several times over the years, and they never fail to impress me with their food quality and atmosphere! We walked in, and when we learned there was a wait, we headed to the bar area and found a table immediantly. As always, we enjoyed their fabulous salad bar, then had some of their excellent prime rib. It was cooked just right, and I tried the sweet potato casserole, which was very good. I also highly reccomend the strawberry shortcake, the best around!

Visited October 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wow, I hate to do this...”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We visited the Peddler last night for dinner, everyone knows that you're going to wait, so of course it wasn't a surprise. We did call ahead seating, we called at 6:30 for a party of 6, they said 2 hours, we weren't thrilled but we were celebrating 2 birthdays and if you go to Gatlinburg you always want to try to eat at the Peddler, so we decided to go for it. My husband ended up feeling sick so he decided to stay home with the kids, so now we were down to 3, we decided to go ahead and go over and let them know there were only 3 now thinking since we had already waited an hour it would be a shorter wait... nope! so we went into the bar area, (BTW, it was the most crowded I have ever seen it last night) The bar area has first come first serve seating so if you stand there you can jump on a table and we did! so that was great, the salad bar was good as usual and we each ordered our entrees. My friend and I both ordered a NY strip Med Rare, they both came out WELL, what the heck?? He wanted to just eat it and forget it and I said no way, we only get to come here like once a year, not to mention they were 26.99 each, so we sent them back, after a while they came back out and they were probably Med Well, we went ahead and ate them but they were not the usual quality of steak that makes this place famous. The steaks had no seasoning except maybe a little salt and pepper and that would be perfect on a high quality steak but this wasn't even as good as say a Texas Roadhouse or Outback. I feel very upset that a place as special as this with such a great reputation, that I have personally eaten many times, I might not want to return. I'm sorry I felt like I had to write this review, I sincerely hope they just were having a bad night.

• Visited November 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent service and good steak”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The Peddler does not accept reservations, however you may do a "call ahead" after 330pm to let them know when you will be there and how many in your party. We dined there after my daughter's wedding in Gatlinburg. We made arrangements the day prior to the wedding to have a nice table set for us with a tablecloth and candles. The normal attire for this restaurant is casual, however we arrived in our wedding clothes, including the bride in her gown. The staff was warm and welcoming and greeted us as we went through the restaurant to our table. The steak choices were brought to the table by the chef and he took the meat order. The steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection. The salad bar had a very nice selection and the sides were great. All in all, I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion, or just an evening out with friends and family.

1 Thank CSbisa
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“My favorite steak place in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Still my favorite restaurant for a steak dinner in Gatlinburg. Fantastic and very appealing salad bar with huge selection. Excellent steak cut to order at your table. Friendly service in a picturesque setting.

Clemmons, NC
“A must do!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is our favorite dinner restaurant in Gatlinburg. The food and service are excellent. It's located beside the river and there are large windows on the river side that make for easy viewing while dining in the evening. Lots of atmosphere!