“Once was a great steakhouse”

The Peddler Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg TN, The Peddler Steakhouse is literally built upon tradition. Families continue to return from one generation to the next. We invite you to start a new dining tradition with us.
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Once was a great steakhouse”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We recently eat at The Peddler for a birthday celebration because we all had great experiences there. I ordered a filet medium and my husband ordered prime rib medium rare. My steak was rare with a cold center and his prime rib was medium. He sent his back and was brought a barely medium rare prime rib full of fat. He was told that was as rare as they could cook prime rib. I just decided to eat the edges of my steak, not wanting to risk the results I might get. The couple we were with paid the $200 bill including the tip and asked for a birthday treat for me. They were told we could order from dessert menu, but they don't do a birthday treat. We all decided we are done with The Peddler.

2 Thank boats433

Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
“Overpriced and over-rated”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I went here while in the Smokies expecting a wonderful meal since it had such a good reputation. To boot, there was a two hour wait, so it had to be worth it, right? The view we had of the river was very nice, and the staff, excluding our "steak peddler" (kinda uppity and rude), was very pleasant. Salad bar was very fresh and well stocked, but we weren't there for the rabbit food. Crab stuffed mushrooms were terrible and tasted like the stuffing was put in a blender, set to puree, and spooned on (as I type this my wife is sitting next to me saying "it tasted like throw-up"). I ordered my ribeye medium rare. It was well done on one end, and rare on the other. It also had more gristle than any high grade steak should have (this was during the govt shutdown, so maybe it made it by the meat inspectors). My wife had the filet, and it was a good cut of meat, but quite unremarkable. We had planned to have dessert, but after the failed dinner, just didn't want to throw good money after bad. Yes, I should have said something to the manager, but my wife begged me to not. I've learned not to go against her, it's just not worth it LOL. I joked that the raccoon we were watching on the riverbank ate better than we did that night. On the way out, I told those waiting to go to Logan's Steakhouse across the street. The quality would have been better, the wait shorter, and about $50 cheaper. If you do decide to go, they do accept call ahead seating.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank David M
“Great steak”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This place was pricey but worth it for a very nice meal. The steak was great and the service was excellent. I'd recommend calling ahead for a reservation though. The wait was over an hour on Friday night without one.

Daphne, Alabama
“Excellent Food and Service - No Reservations”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is a slightly high dollar steak house with a really good salad bar. Service was excellent. For an entree I ordered the 9 0z Prime Rib, $25.99. Excellent taste. This place does not take reservations. We called ahead to put our name on the list and waited about 30 minutes. Better than a 2 hr wait. One person in our party ordered the trout, another ordered the steak. Everyone enjoyed their food. Go before dark and you can enjoy a view of the little mountain stream. Nice log building with lots of big windows overlooking the stream. This was during the week in November, not sure how this place is at high season or during a busy weekend.

Ringgold, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect choice for my wedding night dinner!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I researched the perfect place for my wedding night dinner monthes in advance and had settled on the peddler...it was worth the wait and my husband and i had a wonderful dinner with excellent service! We each ordered a steak and ate every last bite! One word: delicious!!!!