“Best meal in town!”

Ranked #16 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg TN, The Peddler Steakhouse is literally built upon tradition. Families continue to return from one generation to the next. We invite you to start a new dining tradition with us.
“Best meal in town!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by a coworker back home. He recommended also to ask for seating with thr river view and we do as well if you plan a visit. We called ahead for seating and upon arrivsl were seated quickly. We were placed in a seat with a wonderful view of the river which made the experience way better than if in the general seating area. The salad bar was great with smoke oysters to top it off. The ribeye dinner was the best meal we have had in our years of coming to Gatlinburg. I have no idea why anyone would rate this place poorly. We had an amazing time here from beginning to end and we will definitely be making this a staple of our yearly trip.

“Disappointed”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I was so excited about eating at the Peddler...we planned a day around going there and all I can say is never again! The first disappointment was the salad bar, I had hear it was amazing at best it's average. Second disappointment the Salmon I told the server it had no taste and alm he said was we don't put anything on it...well then it should still taste like fish shouldn't it? My husband had the Ribeye medium rare which came out well done the first time...I didn't order steak because the man cutting them didn't use gloves or anything and touched all kinds of things. I could keep complaining but I won't...wished I would've went to Longhorns instead!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Barnett19777
“Over priced”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Ate here on a family vacation the week of Thanksgiving. Rib eye, New York strip steaks and stuffed shrimp were all good. Steaks were supposed to be medium rare but were more medium to medium well. Didn't send them back because it seemed to take quite a bit of time to get our order and didn't want to wait. The salad bar was excellent. The staff seemed to be rushing us. The man that took our food orders was not very friendly. Almost like he was doing us a favor just because he was taking them. Very over priced for the service we received. Plenty of other choices I would try before going back here.

“Good steak, service iffy”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We visited for dinner one evening and had used their call ahead seating so we only had a few minute wait for our table. It was very crowded that night. We ordered our drink and appetizer and the tray came around and we choose our steak. We then went to the salad bar which had a nice selection with fresh ingredients but was not overly impressive. All was going well but then the steak came but we had no appetizer. We were not charged for it but expect better from what is supposed to be a fine steakhouse in a resort area. We kind of felt bum rushed as if they were trying to turn tables. I guess they assume they can get away with this because their clientele is always changing but I will go somewhere else next visit.

• Visited November 2013
Little Elm, Texas
“Expectations not met”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We had a company meeting in Gatlinburg and had reservations at this place at 6:30 we got there and were told that they didn't have a table for us. They told us it would be 7 before we could be seated, we went to the bar to wait, the bar seemed under staffed and overwhelmed and it it took til almost 7 to get drinks. When 7 rolled around we went to see about our table and told it would be 7:30 before we could be seated. We asked to speak with a manager and were told that there wasn't one there. We finally ended up getting seated at 8:30, two hours after our reservation. The food was just ok, on par with a logans steakhouse except for the prices. The smoked oysters on the salad bar were the high point of my evening. I would not recommend this place to family or friends.

• Visited September 2013