“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Blaine's Grill & Bar
Ranked #34 of 194 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Casual Dining in Downtown Gatlinburg, TN Blaine's Grill & Bar is located on the site originally known as Rebel Corner which burned down July, 1992. The fire destroyed one whole city block, owned by Mr. Smith's family. Home from college for the summer, Kirby watched the block burn to the ground, and then left college to help his family rebuild the block. He decided to open a restaurant/night club where Rebel Corner originally stood. Blaine's Grill and Bar was established January 1998 by Kirby Smith. Mr. Smith descended from one of the original Gatlinburg families & has lived in Gatlinburg all his life. Mr. Smith opened Ronnie Milsap's Keyboard Cafe, January 1995 which he ran under this name until January 1998 where he converted to Blaine's Grill & Bar, striving for a more modern, fun place to come as opposed to the previous country theme. Blaine's Grill and Bar has been a great location for the past ten years for restaurant goers. Our menu serves a great variety of freshly prepared meals and has one of the best views of the Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg.
Elgin, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Enjoyed the service and the food although not as much as I would have hoped for. Like most places in Gatlinburg somewhat pricey. I was walking with a stick so took the elevator up to the restaurant - hated it! Scared the heck out of me so I walked down.

Visited June 2014

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The bar was very nice inside, and if you get a table with a view it's great. Five of us ate, my fish was greasy, salad was average and the burgers were OK. Nothing stood out.

CA
“Very average, wouldn't go out of my way for this one.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We tend to like any place with outdoor seating; so we gave them a try. We ordered the fish and chips which were average and the price point was fair. Once again - guess this is all of Gatlinburg no draft beer; just don't understand why? I had a Bloody Mary which was made wrong, I think the staff is just young and inexperienced. Our waitress was super sweet; but just lousy at her job. They really need to train their help better; but I certainly would not go out of my way for this one.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank reneein2art
Plainfield, Illinois
“Fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We enjoyed quick and friendly service at this restaurant. It was difficult however our waitress whom had a heavy eastern European accents. We noticed several other servers had one also which was strange. This restaurant is much bigger than it looks. You need to go up a flight of stairs to get to the eating area of the restaurant. If you bring a stroller you need to leave it at the bottom of the stairs.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Warren, MI
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We tried Blaine's because of the high stars on Trip Advisor, while the food was decent it was nothing to write home about, and the most forgettable of restaurants we had dinner at. Like I said, food was ok, pretty much bar type food, atmosphere ok, kid friendly. Value, ok, not that great. We did manage to get a seat right away, always a plus. Service was very good. I ordered a turkey sandwich, and it was just deli turkey, tastey, but not impressed as I can get deli turkey anywhere. Coleslaw was good, my son got chicken tenders, not that good. Wouldn't go back, Calhoun's was much better food, as well as Smoky Mt Brewery, both of which are about a block or 2 away and similar food and prices but much better taste.

• 5 of 5 bubbles