“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Greystone Lodge On the River
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I love coming to the Great Smokey Mountains to get away from life and do so several times a year for the past 7 years. We have stayed in alot of places trying to find the "one", me being the picky one. I love this place and will continue to stay here each time we come "home" having stayed here many times now. It isn't fancy but it is clean, very affordable, and you cannot beat the convenience! Their customer service never fails to exceed our expectations. We love Greystone and cannot wait to come "home" again very soon! Hopefully in mid-late October for the gorgeous changing of the leaves. Anyone who has not been to the GSM, give this beautiful national park a try and you will be hooked! Stay at Greystone at the aquarium and you'll be home! Friendliest people in the world, always make us feel welcome and have even made friends that we have to stop in on to say hello :-)

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank SmokeyMtndreamer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed here and close to everything. Shopping and eating at your feet.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank SGGREER
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many different times starting when I was just a child. I love this place! Perfect location for Gatlinburg attractions, shops and restaurants. It is on the river and the best rooms face the river. Breakfast is delicious. It is a very family-friendly hotel and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the river if you like the sound of flowing water.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank KPrich
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I took advantage of the buy 2 nights get one free. We checked into our room and was quickly notified that we were being evacuated from the building due to a gas leak. We were given another room soon. Everything was great except for on the 2nd day, the room was never cleaned. I called the office around 1:30 pm and someone was sent later. Took advantage of the breakfast daily.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Rolltidebama2011
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Ok, let me just start off my review by saying that I agonized over reading other reviews on this hotel before our stay, trying to decide if it would be okay or be a dump...it was great! I hope that this will ease somebody else's mind that may be doing the same thing trying to plan their vacation to Gatlinburg. I have gone to Gatlinburg since I was little with my parents & then took my husband there & now us and our kids. It is one of the best places to go for vacation if you ask us...TONS of things to do & also the mountains for more layed back days...anyway, back to the hotel! Our room was on the first floor right near the pool & on the river with a balcony.It was very quiet. We have 2 kids, 10 & 8, they loved it! Every morning we'd wake up to sunshine through the big 3 window patio door & go out on the balcony to feed the ducks breakfast...so many ducks! the other reviews were right about the ducks, they are awesome! I miss them! They sell duck food at the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge by the way, that is a great restaurant too!!....We stayed at a Fairfield by Marriott on our way to Tenn. & the Greystone in my opinion was cleaner. No odor other than the regular hotel smell, the air conditioner was much quieter than the one @ Fairfield, beds were made every day nicely & fresh towels, bathroom touched up...we stayed for 5 nights by the way. The value was great, we even got out tickets for the Aquarium for free with the deal they had going on, sign up online for the specials. I had already booked without the special but mentioned it at check-in & they honored it no problem! The staff was very nice, I don't know what some of these people are talking about. It is an older hotel, i agree, but when you have a family of 4 & want to have money to do things on vacation these days, you need a resonable hotel $. I loved the setting & balcony over the stream so much that we will stay here again in a heartbeat! Carpets were not dirty as someone described. I'm sure every room might be a little different but in my opinion, the Greystone is great! (and i'm quite particular/clean, some call me a finatic, etc...) Happy vacation! Hope this helps:)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
15  Thank JeepGirl06
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This hotel is located in a great place, easy access to the strip and right next to the trolly station. The price was very good at $ 80.00 per night for a king bed with balcony overlooking a stream. Very quiet rooms and clean. Nice heated outdoor pool and just average breakfast is included.

Now,,, the hotel does NOT offer WIFI outside of the lobby and the property is old. There are no vents in the bathrooms for those who know where Im going with that. The hallways to access the rooms are musty smelling and very hot. Shower was clean with great pressure and plenty of hot water. The exact time that housekeeping will show up is very unpredictable so beware.

Overall this is a nice place at a great location, just needs some modern updating. For the price and location this hotel is hard to beat but it never hurts to shop around.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank clt1702
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Me and My husband stayed 3 nights -had room overlooking the water -fed ducks- so relaxing -nice big, clean room. good breakfast every morning - had a good time.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple