“spontaneous trip”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Greystone Lodge On the River
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Tampa, Florida
“spontaneous trip”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel was clean and comfy. We had a beautiful view. But we had to sleep on the bed far from the ac because it was blowing up the blankets. while in the shower or just in the bathroom. My boyfriend and I both got the feeling of being on a cruise. I bit light headed. we were only on the 4th floor. It was my first trip to the mountains, so maybe that's normal. it's in a great location. The breaksfast was good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JacqueMike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Me and my 2 girls stayed here one night. The room we stayed in was building 4 with two queen beds, the AC was so close to the bed that when on it was directly on me. When the AC turned off then I was sweating, then the AC turned back on and I was freezing. very bad air handling situation in that room. Maybe if you are staying in one of the larger rooms you wont have that problem. The location is excellent!!. I just cannot deal with the air conditioner problems.

Room Tip: maybe a larger room without the AC directly next to the bed would be much better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Darin L
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My first visit to the Lodge, which has been in business over 50 years. Our room was clean, modernized and spacious plus it had a creekside balcony. The front desk employee was friendly. The included breakfast had scrambled eggs and fruit, not just simple carbs. Cost was &105/night plus tax. If you want to do Gatlinburg, Greystone is right across the street from the main trolley stop and the aquarium. I'd recommend this to friends.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank CherylTB
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 queen room that had been recently remodeled. The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. We requested a stream side room, which I would advise. It was nice to sit outside when we came back at night and unwind listening to the creek. The location is great as it is right across the street from the main trolley station, but it also a quick walk to the main strip. The breakfast was not my favorite but it did the trick. The staff was very helpful, especially on helping locate coffee at 6:40 in the morning!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Haidee S
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent location and the larger family rooms are great for families traveling with more than 2 children. Rooms have recently been remodeled and were very roomy/comfortable. Also, rooms are right over the river with a balcony. Quite rooms with convenient location to shops/restaurants. Two bathrooms is a bonus!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I am a fanatic when it comes to staying in a clean room. The thought of bed bugs makes me cringe. I requested to see our room before we paid and the clerk was very kind and understanding. The rooms are newly remodeled and super clean. We paid $137 for a weekend night so it was a but more than others on the strip but.. you get what you pay for. Execllent location and walking distance in the heart of Gatlinburg. Delicious continental hot breakfast including biscuits and gravy, toast, oatmeal, cereals and juices. Pool was heated and had a water slide. This will be our place of choice for years to come.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RNmama09
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed there again over Mother's Day weekend. The room was great. I love the new rooms. The breakfast was okay. Our only problem was at check in. There was only one working the desk and she answered the phone right after we entered the lobby. The person on the other end was asking a lot of questions (from the sounds of the one sided conversation, the person on the other end was someone who had stayed in the past. We had to wait over 5 minutes to check in. She did apologize to us for the wait.
We cannot wait till the renovations are completely done in Building C, as that is our favorite.
I do wish that they had microwaves in the room. That would be great to reheat leftovers from the restaurants but I will not complain about not having one. We are looking to book our Nov. trip.

Room Tip: River side is the best. You can feed and watch the ducks from your balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends