“Cutest place alive”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cutest place alive”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know how we found this place it seems like no one talks about it; but let me tell you, this place is AMAZING. We buy some of the Wild Plum jelly to take home every time. It's even been a Christmas present for me!

1 Thank Rdhoff

“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We have been to the a Wild Plum Tearoom many-many times but have not eaten outside. We like the food and usually love eating outside, but at the restaurant there are just way to many big black ants. They fall from the trees and they get on your napkin, placemat and I even had one in my plate. One kept crawling on my leg, I scratched the rest of the afternoon. I really do think if they just sprayed for bugs this could be eliminated. We have been going to the place for years and it seems like it has really gone don hill on the outside. The food is great you should definitely go, just eat indoors.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dwight R
Charlotte NC
“A homemade, interesting lunch”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I found this darling tea room on the internet and wanted to try it while we were exploring the arts and crafts community. This is a small, rustic building with a little seating area outside where one can relax while waiting for a table. We got a table indoors after a short wait. The server was great and she described the menu and teas to us. We loved the lobster pie, iced wild plum tea and dessert.

• Visited September 2013
Gawler, Australia
“Lack of communication and following procedure from the hostess”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were encouraged to visit Wild Plum Tea Room for lunch.

Management need to inform waiting diners about the wait time, and to maintain the policy of following what is set down. Diners have an expectation that they are important to their business and when things go wrong, that they have a better answer than 'that is the way it is done'.

1 Dissatisfied customer will complain to 8-10 people and post on Trip Advisor, if their problem is resolved they will be your best advertisement.

OUR NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE.

On arrival we were advised by fellow diners waiting to be seated, that we needed to place our name in the book which we duly did. Due to our Aussie accent, fellow diners suggested it was worth the wait and asked our opinion of the region. Greeneville where we stayed for 4 weeks is the friendliest we have ever met in the USA.

I did check with the hostess the possible length of wait for a couple, which she stated would be about 15 minutes. Several times in the following 45 minutes she came out to inform people prior to out listing that they were to be seated. During this time the list grew longer with at least 20+ people waiting their turn. With our name next on the list, the hostess deviated from calling our names to ask anyone who was prepared to sit outside. Before we could answer a couple jumped in, taking their chance to jump the list of all waiting. Fellow people were shocked and suggested we continue to wait as it would be worth it.

We had now waited an hour. I decide to try and discuss our disappointment with the staff, just to be told that, 'that is the way it happens'. We walked out and halfway through the car park our names were called and fellow diners waiting, chased us to let us know, we continued to walk.

TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT.

• Visited May 2014
8 Thank Loulibell
Georgia
“Quaint but delivers!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is my second visit to the Wild Plum Tea Room. It is a small restaurant in the artist loop area of Gatlinburg. My daughter took me there for Mother's Day (Saturday before because they are closed on Sunday). We love the lobster pie. The wild plum tea is great hot or cold. The servings are not huge but you are full when you leave. The advantage of the smaller serving is that you can have soup and an entrée and still have room for dessert, which we did! They have a large room upstairs for hosting larger groups of people. The day we went it was wet outside, otherwise I might have opted for eating on the patio. I can't wait to go back next year on our annual Mother's Day trip to the mountains.

• Visited May 2014