“Quaint and good food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Plum Tea Room

Wild Plum Tea Room
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Quaint and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I had a Quinoa dish that was absolutley fabulous. My waiter Tim couldn't have been more helpful and made my visit super enjoyable. Try the Wild Plum tea, it's great.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Ehhh not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Well we went here being because it was the #1 restaurant per tripadvisor and not quite sure why.. Yes the tea is good and they're muffin are good too but the food lacked taste altogether and didn't quite give you a wow factor. The salads are different but they also are severely lacking in the taste dept. We tried a couple desserts but again they were lacking. Yes the food is decent but nothing worth driving for. Oh and it's not really in gatlinberg it's on the outside city limits so be prepared for a long drive and parking sucks. Staff was uncoordinated and seemed to not know what to do or what tables were theirs. Save yourself a trip sorry

1 Thank Traveling_blondie
Lexington, SC
“Lovely Mountain Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Wild Plum Tea Room was a perfect experience. My family ate outside on a beautiful summer day. My husband got the lobster pie which was awesome. I got the Wild Plum Medley, and everything was delicious. I was very impressed with my daughter's grilled cheese kids meal. It came with fruit making the face of a girl with a bow in her hair. We got the amaretto bread pudding and brownie with homemade chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. They both tasted like heaven. If you prefer high quality over quantity I'd highly recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank squeekcar
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Fresh, quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

One of the few places for a foodie to enjoy around Gatlinburg. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. There were a lot of choices and everything was freshly made. Parking is a little limited, but we happened to be there when a large group was having a party, so that may not always be the case.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Elinger
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great find off the beaten path!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We found this place via Trip Advisor. It's not in the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg, which was nice... yet, only 15 minutes from most of the main attractions. And, it's a lovely drive!
We were seated promptly on a Friday, for lunch. I have been to restaurants similar to this one, with small, quaint tea room/café atmosphere, yet original in menu and taste. I liked this place! I enjoyed lunch with my husband and four year-old son. They had nice options for children. My son had a chicken and cheese tortilla wrap, accompanied with various fruits (kiwi, pineapple, grapes, berries). The chicken was tender, like rotisserie chicken. I had the lunch trio with their chunky, chicken salad with apples, tomato bisque, and yummy pasta salad. The chilled fruit tea was good, not the very best I've ever had, but I make fruit teas at home, and have tried so many at various restaurants. Still, yummy and was served with a slice of orange in the glass.
The service was great. Our waitress was so lovely and friendly. We really enjoyed lunch here!
I wouldn't take young children here... It's more of an atmosphere for adults, or kids that have good table manners and can sit still, in my opinion. After all - it's a tea room! But, my four-year old enjoyed it!

• 4 of 5 bubbles