“Quiet and Cozy”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Vevay, Indiana
“Quiet and Cozy”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice cheese shop and little sandwich deli upstairs. I had the polish sausage with sauerkraut and my boyfriend had the Reuben. He loved his sandwich! Mine was filling and tasty, too! The owners were on site and very nice. Don't listen to some of the old negative reviews. The owners have recently purchased the shop and are very friendly and helpful and offer plenty of food and free drink refills.

• Visited June 2014

Semmes, Alabama
“Haufbrauhaus Restaurant - A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

While in Gatlinburg, Tennessee it is worthwhile to have lunch at least once at the Haufbrauhaus Restaurant. It is located above the Haufbrauhaus Delicatessen in the Village. The Village is a group of small specialty shops located on the Parkway in the downtown Gatlinburg area.

The restaurant serves mainly sandwich style lunches, but they are excellent. We order the Reuben whenever we are in town for a day. Other sandwiches include Polish Sausage, Hot Dogs, Roast Beef etc. Prices are reasonable and the atmosphere quaint.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bob H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little hidden gem.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were i in Gatlinburg just looking for somewhere special to have lunch amidst all the tourist traps. We ran across this place by accident. Perhaps the best sandwiches and German beer
Ever. Owners were on sight, cooked and served the best reubin ever. Find this place you won't be sorry.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Deacongal
“Nice little place”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Found this to be a quiet little out of the way kind of place. The Reuben sandwich I had was really good. The owner was really friendly and enjoyable to talk to. Since it is early in the season, the place was not too busy or crowded, making our meal time very relaxing. We will definitely consider eating there again.

Visited May 2014
Carnesville, Georgia
“It's Still Great!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stopped by the Cheese Cupboard & Hofbrauhaus this past weekend on a quick trip to Gatlinburg. I'll admit, I was a little concerned about the food since new owners have taken over. But rest assured, the food is still as great as it ever was!! I can promise everyone that I sat at the bar and watched one of the owners cook my order and she was very clean about everything!! She was very nice and carried on a interesting conversation while preparing our food. I love, love, love corned beef and it was piled high on my sandwich!! My only request is that the new owners could start accepting debit/credit cards but this might start later down the road. This is still one of my favorite stops in Gatlinburg!!!!! Keep up the good work!!

• Visited April 2014