“Steak it out!”

Ranked #13 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are back! After our 10 months of rebuilding after the fire, we are serving delicious hand-cut aged and seasoned steaks, cooked over an open oak fire again! Also,chicken, chops and more. Full Kids MEnu and Full Lunch Menu as well. TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner Year after Year!
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Alamo is a good spot to eat, especially if you want a good steak. It can be a bit pricey with the add ons, but there is usually a coupon you can get from one of the kiosks. The sauteed mushrooms are yummy too.

1  Thank kytraveler413
Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This restaurant gave away steaks on mother's day. I was a bit cynical about what my meal would taste like, but it was amazing! All of our food was great, generous portions of salad with decent quality greens, and the Key Lime Pie was a good choice for dessert.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We went for the steak and that was not as good as the 2 appetizers. Prime rib was decent, but nothing special and pricy. Filet was marinated with some weird spice that was disconcerting and ruined an otherwise good piece of meat. Grilled shrimp was seriously disappointing and fairly flavorless.

Caesar salad was average and lacking dressing. Crab dip was outstanding, as was the she crab soup. So, if you stop there, you'd have a great meal. Tip and meal cost just under a hundred for two and was not anywhere near worth that.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

After two days of travel and setting up our camp site in the rain, we just wanted a good meal. A drive into town brought us to the Alamo, which we had read solid reviews on and thought it would fit our needs perfectly.

The reviews were right on target -- the burger, steak, trout, and chicken were all solid meals, though the trout was a bit greesy for my taste. The burger and steak were especially good as were the sweet potates and other side dishes. However, my favorite part of the meal was the parmesan and garlic oysters -- sooooo good!!! I think the next time a salad and oysters would make me a very happy girl.

Go and enjoy -- its definetely a place that will give you a solid meal with good service at a decent price.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I went to this restaurant on 4/18/2012 for dinner. Being on vacation, I "splurged" and had the prime rib for $27 along with two bottles of domestic beer ($7) plus tip total $43 for one - ridiculous. It's no wonder people are overweight - the portions are twice as much as anyone needs. I would rather have had a choice of a smaller cut for less money. The caesar salad was good, but way too big. The prime was just "ok" - I've had much, much better. Would I go again - NO.