“Decent for a steak place.”

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #18 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Temporarily Closed Unfortunately our Alamo Steakhouse location in Gatlinburg was lost in the wildfires in the area on Monday November 28th. We had celebrated 18 wonderful years in the building, and we are heartbroken at the loss. We are committed to rebuilding our beloved restaurant in the same location in 2017. The timeline is uncertain, but we will keep you posted.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Easy parking access. Good food and service. Prompt preparation and serving of meals. Friendly atmosphere and courteous service personel.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for dinner the second to last night we were in town. My parents told me about this place and said it was pretty good. At a glance it seems like a higher end steakhouse. The decor is laid out pretty good. My only complaint is that we waited to be seated for about 45 mins and the seats . Actually were seated at were open thw whole time. It was kinda crazy busy that night. I had the burger which is a full pound of burger. I was actually expecting less than whatI got. Usually when go to a steakhouse and order a burger it is cheap meat, not here. My daughter got a steak and it was great, my wife ordered the filet mignon and a baked potato, she waited to eat her baked potato while we waited on other members of our party to get their food and the waiter brought out a fresh one on her own without asking because she thought it was cold by the time she was going to eat it. I was impressed and that went a long way with me. How often do you go somewhere and receive that kind of treatment? I will stop here again for sure, thanks for the great food and the remarkable customer servicei

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Do not give your credit card to anyone at this restaurant! I dined there Nov 15 and gave my business card. Within 3 days, it was sold to someone in Miami and well over $1000 was charged to it. Fortunately, the fraud department at my bank caught it. I know it was this restaurant because that's the only place I used that card in that time period. A teller at my bank said I'm not the first person she knows who had their card information stolen at this restaurant. The food was great - absolutely NOT worth what it cost me!

2  Thank donnaparrdvm
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

I am shocked that you would post this. As you have told me in our conversations over the last few days, you have absolutely NO proof this occurred at the Alamo. It is your hunch, and it is outrageous that you would slander my restaurant publicly as if it is fact. That credit card information could have been stolen a week earlier, a month earlier, who knows.
If you, or your bank, have any evidence that one of my employees committed credit card fraud, I beg you to go to the police and lets prove it and I will promptly fire them. But until then, it is irresponsible to attack us in the manner.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our friends were wanting a steak dinner, so we decided to go here, due to the signage, that boasted it won a people's choice award. Definitely not our choice for good steak. All of our food was overcooked. The waitress was not personable, management never even bothered to check on our table, to see if things were satisfactory. We have had much better service in locally owned establishments.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Way way way over priced for what you get. We'd seen the advertisements all over. I love a good prime rib. The steak was at best average. I've had alot better. I do not recommend at all!