Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“Great steaks”

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #17 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Unfortunately our Alamo Steakhouse location in Gatlinburg was lost in the wildfires in the area on Monday November 28th. We had celebrated 18 wonderful years in the building, and we are heartbroken at the loss. We are committed to rebuilding our beloved restaurant in the same location in 2017. The timeline is uncertain, but we will keep you posted.
Northern Wisconsin
“Great steaks”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hit here twice in our week in Gatlinburg and it was just as good as when we visited twice in 2009. Ribeyes were excellent, as was prime rib. Key lime pie for dessert, both nights, although we took it to go. Bar is not extensive, but people really come for the beef and are willing to wait. Service was very good, and a very pleasant bartender where we sat for a while waiting for our buzzer to go off.

“Good food!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

On a 5 day tour bus trip to Pigeon Forge, TN, stopped here with 45 people, and they really took care of us, with only a 30 min. notice. Had 2 cooks and 2 wait staff, but they did a great job. Delicious food and not along wait for it, with that many people to cook for. Would highly recommend this restaurant , if you're ever in Gatlinburg! Thanks for a great meal!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
Bargersville, In
“Decent for a steak place.”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Easy parking access. Good food and service. Prompt preparation and serving of meals. Friendly atmosphere and courteous service personel.

Visited November 2013
Millbury, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for dinner the second to last night we were in town. My parents told me about this place and said it was pretty good. At a glance it seems like a higher end steakhouse. The decor is laid out pretty good. My only complaint is that we waited to be seated for about 45 mins and the seats . Actually were seated at were open thw whole time. It was kinda crazy busy that night. I had the burger which is a full pound of burger. I was actually expecting less than whatI got. Usually when go to a steakhouse and order a burger it is cheap meat, not here. My daughter got a steak and it was great, my wife ordered the filet mignon and a baked potato, she waited to eat her baked potato while we waited on other members of our party to get their food and the waiter brought out a fresh one on her own without asking because she thought it was cold by the time she was going to eat it. I was impressed and that went a long way with me. How often do you go somewhere and receive that kind of treatment? I will stop here again for sure, thanks for the great food and the remarkable customer servicei

Georgetown, Kentucky
“CREDIT CARD FRAUD”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Do not give your credit card to anyone at this restaurant! I dined there Nov 15 and gave my business card. Within 3 days, it was sold to someone in Miami and well over $1000 was charged to it. Fortunately, the fraud department at my bank caught it. I know it was this restaurant because that's the only place I used that card in that time period. A teller at my bank said I'm not the first person she knows who had their card information stolen at this restaurant. The food was great - absolutely NOT worth what it cost me!

2 Thank donnaparrdvm
Kelly J, Owner at Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
I am shocked that you would post this. As you have told me in our conversations over the last few days, you have absolutely NO proof this occurred at the Alamo. It is your hunch, and it is outrageous that you would slander my restaurant publicly as if it is fact. That credit card information could have been stolen a week earlier, a month earlier, who knows.
If you, or your bank, have any evidence that one of my employees committed credit card fraud, I beg you to go to the police and lets prove it and I will promptly fire them. But until then, it is irresponsible to attack us in the manner.