Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“Great steakhouse!”

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #17 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Unfortunately our Alamo Steakhouse location in Gatlinburg was lost in the wildfires in the area on Monday November 28th. We had celebrated 18 wonderful years in the building, and we are heartbroken at the loss. We are committed to rebuilding our beloved restaurant in the same location in 2017. The timeline is uncertain, but we will keep you posted.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great steakhouse!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've eaten at this place both times I was in town and left satisfied both times. The ribeye steak is delish and as others have noted, the portions are generous. You will not leave this place hungry. Love the cozy atmosphere as well as the location. I enjoy the walk across the creek bridge, looking down at the rushing water as I approach the building.

I've been to a lot of upscale steak houses in my time, hence the bar to impress me has been set high. Non-upscale typically leaves much to be desired because of this. I wasn't expecting much out of this place the first time I tried it, but was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it is. Made a point to stop in one more time before heading out at the end of the week of my first trip to Gat in 2013. It was just as good the second time.

• Visited February 2014

“Come hungry!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The food was good and the portions are massive! The only burger on the menu has one pound of meat on it! My son ordered the steak off the children's menu and it was 1/2 lbs. My wife and daughter had the Salmon Oscar. Everything was very good, but we all went home with doggie bags.

Visited April 2014
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Good Steak, Kinda Pricey”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Me and my husband shared a steak dinner and had mozzarella sticks as an appetizer. Their prices are pretty high. The steak however was cooked just right and very fresh. Service was good also.

• Visited December 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Must visit!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Hands down one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. From top to bottom, friendly staff, nice ambiance and an awesome menu. To top it all off the portions are HUGE and I'm a 265 lb dude. 5 stars and 3 thumbs up in my book.

Augusta, Georgia
“Great service, food was off its game”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Our waiter was amazing and brought it up to four stars. Maybe we happened in on a day when the kitchen just wasn't feeling great but I would have rated the food 3 stars.

We had the Texas taters for a start and while they were ok, they tasted like your basic twice bake potato. Salad portions were amazing though. My house was wonderful though my SO was not as thrilled with his Caesar. Now we come to the meat of the problem. For 27.99 I expect a good cut of meat well flavored. The kids enjoyed the burger and the popcorn shrimp but a good quarter of my deputy steak was fat. Not the heavily marbled but huge chunks of fat. I love ribeyes and have seen all spectrums and what I got was not worth the price. It was very nicely flavored. I asked for medium and the middle was medium though the edges were rare ( how that happens who knows).

All in all the service was great, but I won't go back. The food wasn't worth the cost. There are several other steakhouses in the area to choose from. We chose this one because the billboard advertises it was awarded trip advisors 2013 award of excellence. Hopefully we just caught it on an off day.